Racoon Population

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Having only lived next to Lake Lawtonka for four years I can’t speak to a population explosion but I can say there are a huge number (aka crap load) of dead raccoons in the roads. Just driving here to the store (17 miles) I have counted as many as 8 dead coons. Also I’m thinking they travel in pairs because as more times than not there are two that have been ran over in close proximity to one another.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1729482746236.png

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Haha, the state of OK removed trapping restrictions and limits years ago............and they are still like flies. Between me and my friends I bet we've trapped over a thousand in the last three or four years. I've caught a 138 of them off of just one deer feeder this calendar year, and I've trapped that place for about five years now lol.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haha, the state of OK removed trapping restrictions and limits years ago............and they are still like flies. Between me and my friends I bet we've trapped over a thousand in the last three or four years. I've caught a 138 of them off of just one deer feeder this calendar year, and I've trapped that place for about five years now lol.
I can't compete with your numbers, but between the coons and armadillo's, there is certainly a population explosion.
The Oklahoma Dept of Wildlife needs to put a .50 to $1.00 bounty on them.
Fur buyers won't pay a dime for them anymore, so nobody traps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom