Communications ...***

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LinearZero

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Might have one more soon. I used to operate on radio extensively in a previous life. Ham seems right up my alley, and it would be pretty slick to listen in on the waves during storm seasons.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Yaesu FT-8900R set up on a power supply as a base, a TDX One that was a gift for passing my test, a TYT digital handheld ( which was bought by a friend yesterday at the OKC Hamfest ), and another handheld out in my car. Ham is not a major hobby for me either. I plan on getting into it more later. The local ham club uses my class room for the testing. I hope to get my antenna pole up this fall.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In NE Oklahoma we have a group that meets on the 147.06 Pryor repeater +offset, PL 88.5 every night at 10PM if anyone is interested. It is in an informal round table format.

Just several of us chit chatting about what ever topic someone brings up and anyone with a license is welcome to check in with us, throw out a comment, or ask a question. Very friendly and helpful group of guys. Very less structured than the typical rigid weekly club nets, and a great place for new hams to start out getting comfortable on the radio. We are not on a defined time frame, or have a particular topic. Just find an open space, throw out your call sign, and come back with your first name and location, we will be happy to talk with you. We do tend to double occasionally since it is not structured with a hard fast net control moderator, no big deal, it just happens. We recognize it, sort it out, and move on, just like on HF. Drop by some night and say hello.

I do not know about the OKC area, but ham radio on 2m, 70cm and the even the 220 band is pretty active in the Tulsa and surrounding area on several repeaters with nets on a nightly basis with various club nets. The most up to date listing of local NE Oklahoma nets can be found at http://www.qsl.net/mcarc Click on the Radio Nets button on the left side. It is updated frequently.

Many of us also work HF in the background even though other hobbies and grass mowing take up more of our time in the summer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom