Conflicted.... Card#18

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Lurker, Good, valid points (as usual). I guess I was just thinking that in the event of food crisis, people wouldn't be willing to trade that.

Thanks. Ive been around the Prepping/Survivalist forums since 1998. I grew up way poor and was lucky to have a Gramma that lived like she was raised.

Between what I learned from her and "Selco", ive learned to look at possibilities differently.

Usually the first question I ask myself is what did the Indians do? What did they do during the Dust Bowl/Depression era? And how would Selco deal with it?

Research hypothetical scenarios with tjose 3 questions and alot of shtf problems get solved.

Grindstone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
More straw men and misdirection, thinking homophobic suggestion is going to win you points? lol

Don't worry... you're even worse than I thought. I have no doubt I won't be able to see your silliness much longer.

Homophobic? I don't think you even understand the usage of that word...

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Murderers and thieves would be hunted down and executed for the world to see. Dangerous line of work post SHTF.

By who? The murderous vigilante. The Lawless mobs. Is there some secret code for who gets to be in that club? Hard times dictate hard choices. Desparate times means desparate measures.

Grindstone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
By who? The murderous vigilante. The Lawless mobs. Is there some secret code for who gets to be in that club? Hard times dictate hard choices. Desparate times means desparate measures.

Depends. It could be a bit more feasible in a small society. Something like an ol' west posse?

IronMLS72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't part with last weapon when you are protecting your family. If your group's usefullness was obvious to them, your weapon would be invited into the friendly family's group and you would maintain pocession of it.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All puffiness and bravado aside, I hope my point was at least considered.

I think the cards and dialog loose any real value when we default to our inner Rambo. I know there are some very talented men and women on this forum but I think we can tend to slip into thinking we are a little more handy than reality.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Which is true. History has shown us repeatedly that during any crisis people do evil things. When there is an absence of Law or no order there are 3 kinds if people. Refugees, Gangs and those that form groups for their common survival.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which is true. History has shown us repeatedly that during any crisis people do evil things. When there is an absence of Law or no order there are 3 kinds if people. Refugees, Gangs and those that form groups for their common survival.

I agree.
Would not give up any gun, much less last one. My response would be "Post 12". At which point we would be welcomed into the group or make a " friendly" (hopefully) departure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom