Conflicted.... Card #3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will be out of town tomorrow so I am posting card #3 a day early

A total collapse of modern society has happened, and now its time to rebuild.
What type of government would be best to help rebuild society; centralized or decentralized?
What about at a federal level?
And at a local level?

securitysix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you absolutely must have a government, then have the one that interferes with the people as little as possible. But the real question is "Why have a government at all?"

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know if government is the answer so much as the rules that a society has to live by.

For one thing, thinking out the unintended consequences would have to be much better than our Founding Fathers did.
I think that they were absolute geniuses in the set up that they gave us, but they also gave the future generations too much credit in the interpretation department.

I think something similar to what we have, but improved and more delineated would work.
Fix the issues that we have now.
For instance, you can't be a Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces unless you have served in some capacity.
Lifetimes are Longtimes, so Lifetime appointments are out

Don't take wording for granted when drafting laws and provisions.
Have some folks try to figure out what the stupidest interpretation possible for your words could be.

I think a Centralized Government is necessary for some things and State and Local control is necessary for other things.
There has to be more balance built into Government than there is now.
The needs of the many cannot always outweigh the needs of the few and the rights of a few cannot always impinge on the rights of the many.
There must be a way to balance these forces.

Or, we can just make me King Rat and everyone must obey my commands.

Dave

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will be out of town tomorrow so I am posting card #3 a day early

A total collapse of modern society has happened, and now its time to rebuild.
What type of government would be best to help rebuild society; centralized or decentralized?
What about at a federal level?
And at a local level?

at this point I am thinking no government but if we had to have one I think local only and a maximum 2 year term limit and politicking can never ever be a full time job. You meet two or four times a year and settle your **** then or its a free for all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom