Conflicted.... Card #3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't take wording for granted when drafting laws and provisions.
Have some folks try to figure out what the stupidest interpretation possible for your words could be.

The problem here is, when drafted, the wording MAY have been VERY CLEAR; ie. a well regulated militia = EVERY citizen in good standing has access to the BEST available arms / equipment. Over time, the meaning of words and their use in language makes subtle changes and then those who disagree with the 'law' twist the language to 'prove' their point and overthrow the 'law'.

Tribal law/local law and treaties with bordering clans would be my choice (don't F*** with me and we will get along just fine and I won't shoot you.)

No good can come from a BIG centralized goobermint run by politicians, AKA Animal Farm.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a big fan of government ... or people telling me what to do with what I've got ... while I realize that some rules are necessary for civilization to exist, I'm a really big proponent of less is more.

Johnjosiah

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are starting over then I think a dictator/king is best at first. You need one person the buck stops at. After the king, I would want a very decentralized republic/democracy. Kings work great some of the worlds most prosperous civilizations have had kings, problem is they can't be the morons we think of when they say king. They have to #1 be altruistic and #2 they can't pass it on to their kids who history has shown mess it up every time.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are starting over then I think a dictator/king is best at first. You need one person the buck stops at. After the king, I would want a very decentralized republic/democracy. Kings work great some of the worlds most prosperous civilizations have had kings, problem is they can't be the morons we think of when they say king. They have to #1 be altruistic and #2 they can't pass it on to their kids who history has shown mess it up every time.

Dictator/King?? **sigh** This is why I'm not good with "groups". Inevitability some goober who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground, (not you) but is a slick talker, "inserts" himself in a position of assumed authority and starts telling me and everybody else how it's gonna be. Also inevitability, the guy turns out to be a Grade A, card-carrying lunatic who has all kinds of illusions of grandeur ... No thank you. If I don't have what I need then I'll figure something out but I'm NOT a follower ... Been burned too many times in these times of relative security and plenty ... I can only imagine the nutcases that would come out of the woodwork should things go sideways.

I'm not interested in following their orders now and I'm probably gonna be a lot crankier if things go sideways for very long ... fair warning guys ... :wink2:

WOW ... look at that henschman!! I'm a libertarian after all ... :wink2:

Last edited:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dictator/King?? **sigh** This is why I'm not good with "groups". Inevitability some goober who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground, (not you) but is a slick talker, "inserts" himself in a position of assumed authority and starts telling me and everybody else how it's gonna be. Also inevitability, the guy turns out to be a Grade A, card-carrying lunatic who has all kinds of illusions of grandeur ... No thank you. If I don't have what I need then I'll figure something out but I'm NOT a follower ... Been burned too many times in these times of relative security and plenty ... I can only imagine the nutcases that would come out of the woodwork should things go sideways.

I'm not interested in following their orders now and I'm probably gonna be a lot crankier if things go sideways for very long ... fair warning guys ... :wink2:

WOW ... look at that henschman!! I'm a libertarian after all ... :wink2:

I thought you were describing our present Commander in Ineptness.

Been watching 'Revolution'? I think the 'nutcase in charge' and various factions is pretty accurate in a SHTF / grid breakdown scenario.

Defining moment in a Libertarian's life is when they fully realize they actually are a LIBERTARIAN. Grasshoppa you have arrived at your destination.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought you were describing our present Commander in Ineptness.

Been watching 'Revolution'? I think the 'nutcase in charge' and various factions is pretty accurate in a SHTF / grid breakdown scenario.

Defining moment in a Libertarian's life is when they fully realize they actually are a LIBERTARIAN. Grasshoppa you have arrived at your destination.

:rotflmao: And what I dilemma I am in ... being married to the New World Order and all ... :wink2: One thing's for sure ... No matter what box I fit in, I'm still going to the Mansion when things go sideways ... And y'all are still invited to the pool party! :woot: Just let the guys at the gatehouse know you are with me!! :naughty: :heart: :bighug:

Nah, GC watches it ... I'm usually reading a book or knitting when the TV is on. So ... Unless DOOL ... or a playoff game ... or football ... :lookaroun ... WHAT?!?!? :rotflmao: ... is on I'm kinda distracted and miss about 9/10ths of what goes on ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom