Counting Shots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else count rounds fired while watching a movie. Wondering when they will reload or change mags. My wife yells at me and says it's only a movie. I tell her it can be accurate... I mean, how many times can Godzilla destroy Tokyo....
Same here. I rip firearm scenes to shreds in movies and made sure to teach my kids how much carnage a bullet can do vs Hollywood wounds when there is a spot of blood.
They have witnessed lots of deer field dressings and carp hung from trees shot with different caliber firearms to demonstrate bullet expansion and so on.
Neither hunt as an adult for different reasons but they are certainly aware of how Hollywood and the media portray gunshot wounds.
Momma in an interview crying and screaming why the Police didn’t just shoot her innocent child who just murdered someone, in the leg, not having a clue the femoral artery runs right through that leg and will kill as fast as a heart shot if hit.

Later on as a competition shooter learning to count rounds so a quick reload could be made while on the run became second nature.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats about like the shotgun blast that will lift a grown man off his feet and send him flying across the room ,thru a door and into the next room.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same here. I rip firearm scenes to shreds in movies and made sure to teach my kids how much carnage a bullet can do vs Hollywood wounds when there is a spot of blood.
They have witnessed lots of deer field dressings and carp hung from trees shot with different caliber firearms to demonstrate bullet expansion and so on.
Neither hunt as an adult for different reasons but they are certainly aware of how Hollywood and the media portray gunshot wounds.
Momma in an interview crying and screaming why the Police didn’t just shoot her innocent child who just murdered someone, in the leg, not having a clue the femoral artery runs right through that leg and will kill as fast as a heart shot if hit.

Later on as a competition shooter learning to count rounds so a quick reload could be made while on the run became second nature.
How many times has your favorite western hero been shot in the shoulder and still fights and wins and is back next week good as new?

Latest posts

Top Bottom