craigslist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
as far as i see it, if you find anything at even a remotely reasonable price, its a scam. even if it comes up under local listings, and says its in your area, 9/10 its a scam.

i love how stupid these people think we are.

hi, im a navy airman, and im not actually in your area anymore, but i can have a team of airmen put the buggy in a cargo plane and deliver it nearly anywhere within 48 hours. and thats free shipping, just let me know if you are still interested and we can sort out payment.

and my favorite are the automated ones that reply to your email instantly, like faster than someone could literally have read what you wrote and wrote a response. and then the reply has nothing to do with anything you wrote.

i guess that is the folly of free classifieds.

its just annoying to casually browse a key term in your area for something you are slightly interested in if you found for a good price, and then one day hmm. that looks good. wonder why its half the price i expected... oooh its a scam. lol

i wonder how many people actually fall for this crap.

F16mickey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had great luck both buying and selling on CL. I have had the occasional scam attempt but usually it is so obvious that it is a scam its funny.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have had great luck both buying and selling on CL. I have had the occasional scam attempt but usually it is so obvious that it is a scam its funny.

i have had alot of luck selling stuff. never really found anything worth buying that i needed/wanted at the time.

i get on and check once a week or so to see who has got any manx style vw dune buggys for sale. and so far they are all either junkers, or way expensive. or scams.. lol. not knocking cl by any means i like it, just get a kick out of the obviousness of the scams. or rather the obviousness after you try to contact something that has a remotely good deal.

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had good luck selling and buying on craigslist. Just use common sense. Anytime I sell, i make it clear no shipping or international offers. Anytime I buy, I use anonymous email until I determine its safe. Of course I've ran into many scammers, but I usually lead them along and then give them a phone number to oklahoma sexaholics or something another.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have actually never had an issue with CL. My wife and I usually sell our daughters old clothes or toys on there. Today we got a basically brand new jungle gym thing for my daughter for 1/4 of the price. Came home with a few frogs and a couple spiders on it but after a good bath it looks brand new.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a craiglist junkie. My home theater receiver came off of there. That sucker was essentially brand new in the box (seriously, the remote had never even been taken out of the plastic, and the protective plastic was still on the bezel), and I got it for around $100 less than new. My buddy scored a killer set of Klipsch RF3's off there too.

However, there are a TON of car scams on craigslist.

If you want to avoid getting scammed follow this simple rule: Face to face exchanges only. (Which is what craigslist was designed for anyway)

Latest posts

Top Bottom