craigslist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superdave65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just have fun with the scammers. On the ones that want to send me a cashiers check with more than I'm asking, I just tell them that my name is John E. Law and use the FBI field office as my address. I figure the Feds could use a laugh too. Usually I try to string things out for a while. Their horrible english makes me giggle.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've bought more off Craigslist than I care to think about. Tons of stuff... furniture, electronics, computers, even my truck. :D

I just make sure to ask a lot of questions and request pictures to keep from wasting my time. Lots of people definitely think their stuff is worth more than it truly is, though.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had decent luck buying and selling on there.
If you think the lowballing is bad elsewhere, CL takes it to new heights though!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love scamming the scammers. :D
Saw a 4 wheeler awhile back that was 1/3 off what it should sell for. Emailed the seller and said I'd pick it up today.
Then the story about how it had to be moved to Boston Mass.

Finally told the guy that I would be in the area, and never got a call back.

JxxxOxxxE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use Craigslist daily, both for buying and selling....The main problem I have is what someone else mentioned above...........
Tire Kickers, Day Dreamers, & Window Shoppers

Maybe I'm just a lot different than most people...If I see something I want, I already have the money. If I call, I'm 95% of the time coming to look at it, and if I spend my time coming to look at it, there's going to have to be something majorly wrong that the seller didnt mention to make me not buy it...Is this out of the ordinary?

The scammers are annoying....most of the time I'll only respond to texts or phone calls...

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My biggest beef with Craigslist is looking at cars; seems dealers have taken over, and the auto section is completely suffocated by the dealership crooks.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use Craigslist daily, both for buying and selling....The main problem I have is what someone else mentioned above...........
Tire Kickers, Day Dreamers, & Window Shoppers

Maybe I'm just a lot different than most people...If I see something I want, I already have the money. If I call, I'm 95% of the time coming to look at it, and if I spend my time coming to look at it, there's going to have to be something majorly wrong that the seller didnt mention to make me not buy it...Is this out of the ordinary?

The scammers are annoying....most of the time I'll only respond to texts or phone calls...

Unfortunately...yes...it is out of the ordinary.....at least in my experience.

I'm generally pretty forgiving because I've come to learn that 95% of sellers overrate the condition of their items and I expect it to some degree but if I go so far to physically and visually inspect an item, I am absolutely buying it unless there has been a gross misrepresentation.
On the other hand what I usually get is:
"Wellllll, it's not really exactly what I'm lookin' for, man."

Or my favorite...."It's just a little more than I'm wanting to spend"

Keep in mind that this is after I've taken the time, withstood the left lane campers, and burned the gas to meet up with a potential buyer who has already said "I want it" or "I'll take it".

AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

It's very frustrating for me and extremely rude behavior on behalf of the "tire kicker"

I'm confident that any OSAers who've purchased from me can attest to the fact that I always underrate my items so if there are any surprises in store for the buyer they are of a positive nature.

It's gotten to the point on CL that I have to almost frikkin' interrogate the potential buyers so that we both clearly understand that there's no "wiggle room" or indecisiveness.....if you say you want it, and we agree on a price.....congratulations....you now own it!
(you're takin' it if I gotta' open yer head up and cram it inside)

Last edited:

Camach

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have always had good experiences on CL. Just recently sold my old truck. Sold a NIB IPod that came with my computer to a guy wanting it as a Christmas gift for someone in his family. Purchased a NIB Holland Grill for a couple hundred dollars less than what you could from a store.

Latest posts

Top Bottom