craigslist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found a 4 wheeler on there very cheap, When the guy emailed me back he said he was in alaska but the car in the garage in front of the 4 wheeler in the picture had Texas license plates and the scenery looked like Texas and not Alaska?? I didn't respond. Oh yea, He also offered to pay shipping since he was going back to afghanistan. What a dumb azz

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i just scored a CL deal yesterday. guy had a bench, bar, and weights for sale, but didnt have a price. i texed him to see what all he had with it and how much he wanted. weights are usually a little over $1.00 a lb. so one 45lb plate is about $50. so anyway, i was pretty damn shocked when they guy texted back that he had 2-45's, 2-35's, 2-25's, 2-10's, 2-5's, 2-2.5's for a total of 245#'s plus the bar and bench for $40! although this was already a hell of a deal, i offered him $30 and we settled on $35. pretty good score for me! the bench i dont need and its not as good as the one i already have and i dont need the bar either. i pretty much just wanted the plates to add to my current set up, so ill probably sell the bench and bar and make some of that money back.

Keyser328

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My biggest beef with Craigslist is looking at cars; seems dealers have taken over, and the auto section is completely suffocated by the dealership crooks.

Ditto. Beyond that, I've bought and sold off craigs with success for some time. I just picked up a nice bumper for my jeep for 30% off retail. I bought and sold by bike on craigs, and I've bought several of my wife's collage books on craigs too. Textbooks are a great market for saving some bones.

Mgarza_a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had decent luck buying and selling on there.
If you think the lowballing is bad elsewhere, CL takes it to new heights though!

I'm am just always amazed at the sheer amount of people who take offense to being offered less than they are asking. No offense HMFIC. I for one price certain things I sell on craigslist accordingly knowing someone will want to wheel and deal with me. I spent alot of time with my grandfather shopping garage sells and classifieds. I was just always taught that "you will never know if you don't ask". When someone "lowballs" me I just take that as a starting point. I've sold many items on craigslist. Sometimes I get my asking price and sometimes I do not.

Some of these people on craigslist (here in OKC) are just plain silly on pricing items. I'm not one of those guys who calls someone else out on there pricing. But, why not try to get the best price you can? That is what the seller is doing are they not?

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm am just always amazed at the sheer amount of people who take offense to offered less than what they are asking. No offense HMFIC. I for one price certain things I sell on craigslist accordingly knowing someone will want to wheel and deal with me. I spent alot of time with my grandfather shopping garage sells and classifieds. I was just always taught that "you will never know if you don't ask". When someone "lowballs" me I just take that as a starting point. I've sold many items on craigslist. Sometimes I get my asking price and sometimes I do not.

Some of these people on craigslist (here in OKC) are just plain silly on pricing items. I'm not one of those guys who calls someone else out on there pricing. But, why not try to get the best price you can? That is what the seller is doing are they not?

exactly. i ALWAYS ask what the sellers best price is on things when trying to make a deal and 99% of the time i get a better/lower price. when i sell things, i expect that someone will ask me the same thing, so i just price accordingly. there are a lot of people on CL that try to sell used items, at or above, new price. there are some crazy people out there.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone actually know Craig?

Oh hell yeah.....me n' Craig goes waaaayyyy back.
Shoot....we used to kick it old school back in the day....

HAHA!!
Watch.....
We'll probably now learn that "Craig" is some twisted deviant freak that nobody would ever admit to knowing.
:).

I'm am just always amazed at the sheer amount of people who take offense to being offered less than they are asking.

Yeah, some people simply have no sense of reality when it comes to used pricing...they want very close to retail in some cases, either because they overpaid in a low competition market and honestly don't know any better, or they simply live in an alternate universe where down is up...left is right...in is out.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom