Dave Ramsey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know… odd title for this thread but I saw an interview with him last week about the struggling economy. He mentioned how bad it is in the US and that China and other countries are having struggles of their own. He said he hears people commenting that they should be buying gold and silver in preparation for an economic collapse. What shocked me was when he said, “If we have an economic collapse, what you really should be invested in is bullets and bottled water.”

I really didn’t expect that coming from him.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know… odd title for this thread but I saw an interview with him last week about the struggling economy. He mentioned how bad it is in the US and that China and other countries are having struggles of their own. He said he hears people commenting that they should be buying gold and silver in preparation for an economic collapse. What shocked me was when he said, “If we have an economic collapse, what you really should be invested in is bullets and bottled water.”

I’ve read similar from others. You can’t eat or defend yourself with gold or silver. The “experts” I’ve heard advise stocking useful stuff to barter with.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always thought essentials would be far more valuable than gold or silver and that ammo would be the "real" precious metals to have for barter. Probably a large stockpile of coffee and small bottles of whiskey/liquor would be handy as well. And medical supplies...

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What shocked me was when he said, “If we have an economic collapse, what you really should be invested in is bullets and bottled water.”

He has said that many times—basically, that’s his response any time someone asks about buying gold because they think the sky is falling.

He’s not saying that you should go out and stock up on water and boolits, just that if you really think the rotating oscillator is spinning up, you shouldn’t be worrying about esoteric things money, you should be worrying about practical things like food, water, and defense.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The things we take for granted and vices. Meds, soap, clean water, fuel, sweets (sugar), tobacco, liquor, ammo, ready to eat food. Having a little extra in the pantry/garage is insurance you will actually use.
Do not forget spices. At times pepper was worth a man's weight in gold, and salt will be needed for preserving food.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gold and Silver? Silver is probably better due to it's small denominations and probably not good in a full blown economic collapse. Ammo, liquor, food, water, meds and med supplies, yes in a full blown collapse. Only issue with stock piling such items is how do you trade without bringing attention to yourself and your survival lair? Fuel, better rotate it since gasoline does have a shelf life. Diesel is a bit different, same with kerosine. Rebuilding society will require a group of like minded individuals who are smarter than those in DC or even our state leadership, and they better be tough. Skills will be necessary for yourself and family, so stay up to date and study. Just my take.

Latest posts

Top Bottom