Direct TV Help...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey All,

Well Sony (PS3) doesn't know if they're going to carry the NFL Sunday ticket this year/season. Seems each year Sony waits until the last minute to know, then offer the NFL Ticket.

****I don't want Red Zone, ESPN, Day After Rewind...or whatever else** Just the Sunday NFL Ticket.

Now for my questions. Give me the truth, how reliable is Direct TV with clouds, storms, solar flares, and whatever else could block the signal.

If I go this route...I'll get the cheapest way to just get their NFL Sunday Ticket. Basically for my man cave, in the rest of the house it will be Cox..cable, phone, internet.

So, how reliable is the signal for Direct TV? D@Mn I wish Cox offerd the NFL Ticket/Package instead of the RedZone thing and I dang sure don want to see the game the next day on the Rewind Package.

Give me some tips and tricks for Direct TV...if I do this. I may not if I find out Sony has a deal with Direct TV...just getting prepared.

Smoker..check
Beer..check
BBQ beef ribs..check
BBQ rub and seasoning..check
Chips and dip..check
Gizzards, buche and lingua tacos..check
Menudo..check

NFL package....not sure...dang it!!

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe it's not offered, but is there a streaming package you could sign up for and just hook up a budget PC to your TV? You could avoid 1-to-2 year contracts that way. Plus, if you have a cable tuner card in your PC, you could still watch cable the rest of the year.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There may be a package you could sign up for to allow you to stream live NFL games over a computer. If so, you could sign up for one of these packages and only be obligated to pay throughout the season, whereas with Direct TV, you'll probably get sucked into a 1 or 2 year contract when all you're wanting is the NFL package.

So, if there is a package that allows internet streaming over a computer, you could hook up a spare computer or buy a cheap budget PC to connect to the TV in your mancave and just stream your games that way. They have cable tuner cards that can be installed in your computer that would allow you to watch cable TV outside of NFL season, too. The last part is just an added bonus.

snipes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
in heavy storms I lose the signal.
other than that, no complaints.
if you go the DirecTV route, find a few people that have it and you can get ten bucks off each one.

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had DirecTV for about 4 months now and through all the storms we've had the only time we lost signal is when the power went out. I can give you some vouchers so you and me both get money off.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am currently on DirecTv, but was a Dish guy prior to moving.
They're both about the same as far as reliable.
I do like the way Dish is setup better, but that's just me.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There may be a package you could sign up for to allow you to stream live NFL games over a computer.
The NFL doesn't do that, primarily because they don't have to--they're making bank with the TV contracts. (Check out this Forbes article for more: http://www.forbes.com/sites/jessica...the-nfl-offer-live-football-games-on-the-web/ ) AFAIK, none of the cable companies are doing it, either.

As to the DirecTV reliability, if it's a really heavy storm, I'll occasionally lose signal, but I haven't seen that happen in a long time, and I have a bunch of huge oak trees that partially obscure the line of sight to the satellites. (I'm not sure about the storms we had earlier, as I was either not home or watching Gary England in glorious over-the-air HD.) We have DirecTV at work, and it has a clear view of the satellites; it has been a long time since I've seen the "No Signal" message, and we're usually watching Gary over the DirecTV feed during storms.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been on DTV for 16 years. Reliability is only compromised sorry spring storm season. Regular clouds and rain won't effect it, only those violent storms and even then its not out long as those storms move through rather fast usually.

Latest posts

Top Bottom