Direct TV Help...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gebrown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They suck!!!

Okay, got that out of my system. They never honored our refer a friend. We gave them my dads acct number, some how they lost it, we called several times and were actually hung up on! I couldn't believe it! We were hung up on more than once, try at least three. I emailed and called them, their response, pretty much to bad. So when my contract is up, see ya! Great business, lose thousands of dollars for a couple hundred.

Oh, we lose reception almost every storm, the tornados, forget TV, I had to use radios. Not worth two years just for NFL ticket IMO. Now days all the prime time games are on anyway.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like the others, we lose the signal when the really heavy clouds come in. However, the cost of Direct TV might throw you for a loop. I'm not a sports fan, so I could care less about those, but to get what I wanted, I had to upgrade my viewing option by one notch. We started out back in 2003 with a rate around $40 a month. Now, after 10 years, our billing for the exact same programming is just over $80.

I just checked DirectTV's website and NFL Sunday Ticket is listed as free with the Choice package (for this season) and the Choice is normally $34.99 per month but is on special for 12 months at $29.99 per month. Any "referral" benefits from being referred by someone else is only good for 10 months. The Choice package is a "one upgrade" from basic service.

Direct TV Programming Choices

Gebrown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The install guy was also in a hurry because he had another install to get to, not my fault he showed up late. Then he ignored where we requested a cable drop, the idiot put it near the ceiling. Does my house look like a hotel???
I can send pics if anyone wants to see.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My last install guy was crappy as well. We live in an RV, so our dish has to sit out on a tripod to get a signal as it can't be attached to the RV. I had picked out a spot that was a likely one and even had the tripod leveled and ready to hook up the anchors. He arrived, decided that wasn't a good spot and then started moving the dish around the yard to find a "better" spot. Problem was, there was a huge tree that would have blocked every choice he made as a place to set it. After about 20 minutes of trying different spots, he put it right back where I had placed it to start with. Of course, I then had to re-level the tripod.

Once that was done, he was ticked because he had to get back into an overhead cabinet to hook up the cables that had been pre-wired for satellite. He kept complaining that he was paid by the job and not by the hour, so every minute "spent" (read that as 'wasted') at our RV was a minute lost on getting another "job" done for the day.

Just before he left, he spoke of actually being a contracted installer out of Arizona.

Weird day, that was.

Latest posts

Top Bottom