Do you think obama will "try" to take our guns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think obama will "try" to take our guns?

• YES

Votes: 162 65.3%
  • NO

Votes: 86 34.7%

• Total voters

kdlong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
made full circle back in the kiamichi mountains in
yes he had two major items he wanted to do.#1 get a nationalized healthcare. and #2 remove weapons from law abiding citizens. we now have #1 even though majority of the citizens do not want it.good by healthcare hello death lines. just hope noone gets a very bad ailment. now he can start trying to get the guns so we can not defend ourselves from him and his cronies.

natgas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes; he will attempt to via Presidential decree rather than let our legislature make the laws. However, I do think whatever is done will be overturned, either by the SCOTUS or by the incoming President in 2012-----hopefully

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

I think they are too smart to try to just outright take. They much prefer to erode rights a little bit at a time. Don't mistake that their outright goal is to take, but they know they can't accomplish that. But, if they can make firearm ownership more difficult, more restricted, more expensive, then they know it will reduce the people who choose to be firearm owners. Their goal is to repeat techniques of tightening the noose until someday, years from now, there are so few people left who have jumped through all the hoops that the few people left would be easily made to look like a crazy. At that point they would take.

It is like any heavily debated issue. Both sides chip and chisel away at little bits to shift the line towards one side or the other, like a tug or war.

Back to the president. He sure is looking cocky right now. I think what he got passed is a turd and many people know this. Now he has to do a PR job to try to convince everyone that it is great. I am looking forward to the elections to see if the dems in congress lose seats like they did back when they passed the AWB. I hope they lose a ton of seats to this.

If they don't lose a ton of seats, they are going to see that as momentum and you can bet they are going to push more of their agenda such as an AWB2. They have been playing it safe so far on the issue. This is why it is very important for pro-2a people to work hard on getting congress turned around...

Thanks,

Alan

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not too sure he will try to get rid of guns. It would be political suicide. He is only 1/3 of the checks and balances of the government. With health care he had a good portion of Congress on his side to begin with. The current Supreme Court has already said that gun ownership is a Constitutional right. They have also shown that they are against unnecessary burdens against gun ownership. The problem will be defining "unnecessary burden".

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If he thinks he can get away with it, he will. We all know he wants to. He will try to push threw amnesty first. He needs someone who will vote for him. He knows that he can not be king until he takes the guns. They will try to use gradualism again. You don't need an assault weapon, then you don't need a semi auto handgun, then a handgun period and so on.

ROON

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not too sure he will try to get rid of guns. It would be political suicide. He is only 1/3 of the checks and balances of the government. With health care he had a good portion of Congress on his side to begin with. The current Supreme Court has already said that gun ownership is a Constitutional right. They have also shown that they are against unnecessary burdens against gun ownership. The problem will be defining "unnecessary burden".

Political suicide! He already has a below 50% approval rate! Maybe he will have a "bad" trip while he is in afgan.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom