Do you think obama will "try" to take our guns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think obama will "try" to take our guns?

• YES

Votes: 162 65.3%
  • NO

Votes: 86 34.7%

• Total voters

Talacker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you don't have a job, how much s**t will you sell to keep you home, your kids fed, etc..? If you lose you Gubmint coverage if you own a firearm...?

He's got #1, #2 is just a matter of crushing people down.

That is an excellent point. It's just like the Federal government does to states. Do this or lose federal highway money. Only on an individual level. Do this or lose federal health subsidies.

Savage250

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think he will try it in this term. If he rams amnesty through, like he illegally did with healthcare, he might try it in his second term. But, he won't have control in the house or senate.

How about this? If we as a state exercise our 10th Amendment right, we could cut the gub'ment from their funds. We just pay taxes to the state instead of paying fed taxes. Problem solved there, now we don't need no fed money. I know, I know, National Security. Anyway, Hitllary is doing what she can too.

They will never take my guns. I guarantee that. There is over 80 million gun owners in this country and the gubment knows that they cannot take gun rights away. If they think people are fired up over this healthcare bill, they haven't seen much yet. When the democrats know they are wrong, they start screaming that we're all racist's and hate mongers and want to inflict violence. And I am speaking of the people that have resisted the HC bill.

I also won't starve if it came to that. I like tasty animals.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nobody will ever actually come and try to confiscate guns in this country, like they did in the British commonwealth countries... that's not how gun control works in America. There has never been an outright ban and confiscation of any type of firearm. This is probably because too many people would resist with force if it was tried. Like with so many other areas of our lives that the government seeks to control, the approach is much more sneaky, indirect, and gradual, and it is designed to accomplish the same thing as a ban while causing as little resistance as possible.

They may institute another ban on further importation and production for the civilian market of certain types of guns, like they did with the '94 Brady Act. Then, later on down the road, they may start requiring licensing and a fee for those that are still in circulation to further drive up the costs and erect barriers to ownership. Or they may take the opposite approach, by requiring licenses and taxes on certain types of firearms and then later banning them from further importation and production, like they did with full autos. you don't have to ban them if you can just make them prohibitively expensive for the average guy; and as for the folks who can afford to get them, you have them on a nice list.

Lots of gun owners contemplate and prepare for a scenario in which the government sends out squads of jackbooted thugs going door-to-door demanding that people surrender their guns, and lots of gun owners have made their mind up that this is the point at which they will be willing to resist the government with force. Don't waste your time preparing yourself for scenarios like that... this is very unlikely to happen. A slow descent into the "flowery gulag" is how it will go down, if we let it.

I think most gun owners are all talk. So you would be willing to go to war against the government if this or that happened, but you're not willing to do anything to protect your liberty RIGHT NOW, when you have relatively easy and peaceful ways of doing so? Yeah right. If you aren't willing to get off your @$$ and fight the soft war, you certainly don't have what it takes to fight the hard war, if it comes to that. If we actually let it get to the point where the most effective way to secure liberty we have left is to resist with force, it is almost certainly a lost cause.

I think you said it better than I did and some more. Some other members also have some interesting views as well that make sense.

In the direction that this country is going, I "may" lose my job, my house, my cars, but the last thing I will lose (other than my wife) are my guns.

Reaction score
I really don't - he doesn't have enough political capital left to fight such a fight - and he'll have even less after November. He's gonna have to focus on easy stuff from here on out in his (hopefully) single term.

If the Rs take a majority of Congress this fall, AND IF we experience the 2nd dip of a double-dip recession next year (2011), then you're gonna see some very very low prices on guns of all sorts.

BIGJAKE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think he will attempt an end around of sorts. He and his administration already tried to spike the price of ammo this time last year by cutting off all surplus spent brass from the military to the public and have it shreaded by a presidential order and got a huge pushback that was never televised and I can see he and his crooks up on the hill trying other crap like that. He will attack the flanks and rear to wear down the public, he does not have the balls to take the fight to the people head on.

Celer_Silens_Mortalis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Before i start, i am not pro obama. Having said that, i really dont think he will actually try and take the guns, maybe his head is big enough to try, i think he and alot of people in the government know that may start something they are not ready or willing to deal with, this counrty cant fight a three front war.

Latest posts

Top Bottom