Doctor question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing urgent, but just curious if anybody has experienced this before. Recently, my wife got a call from her dads neurologist requesting her to come to his next appointment. He had failed a memory test and was scheduled for another one on a later date.

Anyway, just curious as to why they would want her to come to the next one.

Completely normal in my opinion. My dad who is now almost 79 years old had a massive stroke about 3 years ago. Luckily, some how, he had no physical affects from it and only some "minor" neurological affects. Basically, he is more forgetful with short term memory (more so than normal/before) and bit more irritable and the worst part is that he tries to cover up is instances of memory loss with excuses acting like he "knows" or "remembers".

THe doctors gave my father a lot of things he needed to do moving forward after the stroke to remain as healthy as possible but he just wouldn't do them. Finally the doctor called my mom and asked that she come to every doctors appt my dad has so she can encourage him to do what he is supposed to do. I think it's great her dad has a daughter willing to be there to help.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
THe doctors gave my father a lot of things he needed to do moving forward after the stroke to remain as healthy as possible but he just wouldn't do them. Finally the doctor called my mom and asked that she come to every doctors appt my dad has so she can encourage him to do what he is supposed to do. I think it's great her dad has a daughter willing to be there to help.
Wait--your mom is your dad's daughter? :blush:

Latest posts

Top Bottom