Does anyone here frequent Outdoor America on n. MacAuthur in OKC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmm, I don't really want service at a gun shop. I just want to not be treated rudely. I don't have many (if any) questions to ask, and I usually just want to be left alone. If I do converse with someone I just expect them to not be unfriendly. I don't need a new best buddy, but a little mutual respect is nice. I bought a buckmark as a gift for my dad in OAS. Walked in said I want that one, did the paperwork, and paid out. Took a few minutes. Everyone was cordial. I like OAS because I don't get the car shopping experience like at H&H. But, I don't visit either very often.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh no. This was years ago also. Fred didn't know me or Scott from Adam's off ox ......

Well maybe they didn't like the cut of my jib?

And as far as your last paragraph goes I have some personal experience with the threads that get started on here for the purposes of "discussion". Not that long ago I was a racist, uneducated, and mean and bitchy to every single person who darkened the door at H&H -- on some kind of power trip apparently. Several members here (some of them still members here) actually PM'd my husband and asked him to "talk" to me because, and I quote "if this many OSA membersa are having problems with her there must be something wrong" even though they themselves had not dealt with me....

Those people have too much time on their hands.

I actually had a guy come in H&H and "test" me, then PM me later to apologize for "piling on" in the thread as he had actually never met me or done business with me....

That's really kind of creepy

So ... you can think what you want, of course, but I tend to think that these types of threads are nothing but huge circle jerks ... You guys can be so predictable sometimes ...

Again, I don't see this as an attack thread per se, just people relating their experiences with them.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh ... LOL ... JB your post reminded me of something else that these types of threads are prone to ...

There is a member here whose girlfriend tried to use the LEO discount at H&H even though she was not a LEO. I was the one who refused to give her the discount. According to her post here I very nearly drug her out behind the store and beat her senseless ... It is amazing what people will type on the internet. Unfortunately for her the gunsmith happened to be standing by my side during our little "discussion" and the only person outta control was her. We all got a HUGE laugh at the store about what she posted here.

There is an old saying ... Tall fences make big dogs ... A lot of that goes on in these threads. I take them all with a grain of salt ...

So in the end does the customer service in OAS leave something to be desired? Probably, but not nearly as much as one might think just reading this thread. Is that any reason to throw away a good deal?? Guess that depends, but not for me. However, YMMV ...

Ha ha, everyone knows not to mess with you!

You're right, of course, about the good deals. I have still bought guns from them over the years, since the "Wildey Incident."

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well maybe they didn't like the cut of my jib?

Those people have too much time on their hands.

That's really kind of creepy

Again, I don't see this as an attack thread per se, just people relating their experiences with them.

Haha! Probably ...

Yep, can't argue with that ...

Could have been but I actually remembered waiting on him -- it was one of those "doing 40 things at one time kinda deal". He's a sweetheart ...

Yeah, well, I'm sure all the guys in the thread about me were "just discussing their experiences with me". You're no slouch ... I know you understand what I'm getting at.

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Too many complainers around here. Reminds me of the "entitlement attitudes" that get bashed on welfare threads.

"I EXPECT to be treated this way", is just like " I EXPECT my gubment check."

Years in the military taught me that I'm not special, and I shouldn't expect to be treated as such.

FLAME ON!!!!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Too many complainers around here. Reminds me of the "entitlement attitudes" that get bashed on welfare threads.

Years in the military taught me that I'm not special, and I shouldn't expect to be treated as such.

FLAME ON!!!!

A handsome debil ... And smart too!! Be still my beating heart!! ;)

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score

FLAME ON!!!!

If I'm going to spend my money someplace I expect to be treated in a civil manner. Years of egomaniacal grandiose narcissism taught me that I am special, and I deserve to be treated with the respect and deference due my meglomania.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hell all this discussion I may have to go in there and maybe buy a gun. Whats a good price for a Smith and Wesson M&P?

You know ... I don't know anymore but I'm pretty sure that you can get it at Fred's for $40-50 less than you'll pay at H&H ... ;)

Just be sure to go commando ... you know ... so your knickers don't get all bunched up when the salesmen don't go all prostate when you come through the door! lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom