Does anyone here frequent Outdoor America on n. MacAuthur in OKC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assmume that's a serious question.

From this thread it seems that not a few place a higher priority on having a sales person treat them nice than they do on price. That tells me that those guys consider good service more important than having to suffer poor service by rude or slow sales people than they do price. In other words they're willing to pay a higher price to avoid suffering the butt hurt of poor service.

Personally I don't give a crap how they treat me (up to a point) as long as I get what I want at a price I consider fair. I guess my threshold of feeling put out or put upon is lower than some. Each to his own. We all have different priorities.

I can't speak for anyone but myself but (refer to my post on page 1) but I think allowing someone to point a gun at another customer and not stopping them and then after it is brought to their attention and the clerk tells you to relax that the gun is unloaded. That goes beyond just bad service it is dangerous, negligent, and outright stupid. That is why they don't get my business it that means I'm butt hurt than so be it I can live with my bung hole sore.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm at a loss to explain why you all conflate fellatio with good customer service. Although that attitude would certainly explain why other stores have been able to take so much of his business. Most of the the examples given in this thread could have been solved by the sales person A. not being an @$$ and B. doing their job. How that equates to the extreme of giving the customer a blow job is beyond me. It's a false comparison and a really disingenuous way to argue your point.

Indeed.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years ago, I offered to buy a Wildey .45 Winchester Mag. I asked them to split the cost of a box of ammo with me. They were pretty rude. Months later when I stopped in it was still there. That is a speciality pistol for a limited clientle. They let a few bucks kill the deal.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL you have obviously never worked in sales! .

I have worked in sales. If you want help and are there to buy I would have helped you. If you're there just to ask 5 thousand questions and not spend a dime I could have cared less and I would have told you so. I probably would have said "Google, learn how to use it, come back when you're ready to buy somehtin'" They are selling guns not used cars. If they were alienating customers they would have closed up shop and gone out of business 20 years ago.

My suggestion is to head down to H&H, ask a thousand questions, fondle their junk, eat a burger and fries, and then go back to OAS and get a good deal and save some money. When you're ready to buy another gun, repeat the process.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago, I offered to buy a Wildey .45 Winchester Mag. I asked them to split the cost of a box of ammo with me. They were pretty rude. Months later when I stopped in it was still there. That is a speciality pistol for a limited clientle. They let a few bucks kill the deal.

Next time you give a client a price and they make a counter offer remember this.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Next time you give a client a price and they make a counter offer remember this.

If a client had a good enough case and wanted me to take a lesser percentage, I would consider it. Point is that particular pistol is a high end gun. Furthermore, it has a limited market as opposed to a HK P7 M13, or even a Colt SAA. Few people can afford it, of the few who can, fewer still are inclined to buy it. If I remember right we were talking about $25 I didn't try to discount thie pistol, I just asked them to split the cost of a box of ammo. Their attitude killed the deal.

It sat there for quite a while.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny thing though ... Yukonjack's not too far off the mark. I have worked in sales and I have worked at H&H. I don't know what it is about "gun guys" but ya'll aren't nearly as special as you think you are ... Fred was doing fine before this thread (and a bazillon others just like it) were started here and he'll be doing fine after this drops off page 234935930458 and he won't have had to give a single blow job for it. Good for him!!

Emphasis mine.

Are you sure about OAS doing fine?

I ask because I've been going there for a very long time and my perception is that I see fewer customers in the place than ever before. I like the prices, don't mind the attitude and can hang around in there for hours just browsing but I just can't get past the notion that there's a whole lot less folk in the shop at any given instance than I've ever noticed before. Add to that that the owner has a habit of getting into pissing contests with vendors (CZ to mention just one) and the fire marshall and one wonders...

jimktm520

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have purchased many guns from them in the past as prices had always been more competitive than the metro Tulsa area. I must admit that I have not been in there recently and am quite surprised by some of the personal experiences listed here. I guess I have been lucky so far.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm at a loss to explain why you all conflate fellatio with good customer service. Although that attitude would certainly explain why other stores have been able to take so much of his business. Most of the the examples given in this thread could have been solved by the sales person A. not being an @$$ and B. doing their job. How that equates to the extreme of giving the customer a blow job is beyond me. It's a false comparison and a really disingenuous way to argue your point.

I'm not surprised at your loss really ... but having BTDT, still having friends who are working at gun shops here in town and hearing their stories from time to time I can assure you the comparison is neither false nor extreme nor disingenuous.

Hmmmm ... The same thing happened with GC although the outcome was quite different. There was a bit of wheeling and dealing was done on a gun that had been in the cabinet "a while". Scott asked Fred if he throw in a box of ammo ... I still have that Colt Gold Cup but the ammo got used up a long, long time ago. Fred seemed happy, Scott seemed happy, I was estatic!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom