Double Tap Training....?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never seen the grip used. We train on indexing and thumbs. Just never seen the off hadn finger tips touching in between the strong hand fingers. My fingers are to big to achieve that, especially with a mag well installed. Nice shooting.

I bet your hands aren't any bigger than mine and thats the gip I use other than my off hand fingers are on top not in between. Seriously my Commander sized 1911 looks like a sub-compact 9mm in my hands. After learning that grip from TDSA I can keep my groups crazy tight.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never seen the grip used. We train on indexing and thumbs. Just never seen the off hadn finger tips touching in between the strong hand fingers. My fingers are to big to achieve that, especially with a mag well installed. Nice shooting.

I bet your hands aren't any bigger than mine and thats the gip I use other than my off hand fingers are on top not in between. Seriously my Commander sized 1911 looks like a sub-compact 9mm in my hands. After learning that grip from TDSA I can keep my groups crazy tight.

I am in Ark attending two shoots, I tried yesterday at practice. No go for me. My fingers are big, lol! I use a straight thumb combat grip, we practice index shot quite often as well, some are naturally good at it. Some have to practice allot to get it down.

Not to change the subject but Ark has some super sweet public shooting ranges! This one goes out to 250 yards. The Pistol section.

Last edited:

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol
I shoulda said 'most prevalent in this area'. My biggest point was get professional training
Definitely. BTW my comment wasn't directed at anything you said -- I was referring to whoever posted that one round isn't enough to "shut down an attacker's system," but two is. I just thought that was funny... like it is some kind of guaranteed automatic system shutdown command on a computer or something. In reality you have no idea how many rounds it will take to stop the threat... which is why you should keep firing at center mass as fast as you can put them there, until you notice that the threat is down... unless you notice that you have got several hits without any effect or you know that the attacker is wearing armor, in which case you should start shooting at the head or pelvis as fast as you can put rounds on target.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely. BTW my comment wasn't directed at anything you said -- I was referring to whoever posted that one round isn't enough to "shut down an attacker's system," but two is. I just thought that was funny... like it is some kind of guaranteed automatic system shutdown command on a computer or something. In reality you have no idea how many rounds it will take to stop the threat... which is why you should keep firing at center mass as fast as you can put them there, until you notice that the threat is down... unless you notice that you have got several hits without any effect or you know that the attacker is wearing armor, in which case you should start shooting at the head or pelvis as fast as you can put rounds on target.

Word. Any "training" that focuses on firing a specific number of shots; double-tap, Mozambique etc...is crappy training.

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Never said that 2 rounds was a guarantee to shut down the system. But it's a much better chance than 1. Hydrostatic shock is real and has a much better chance with 2 shots(or more).

Like someone else posted earlier as well.... Everyone gets served before anyone gets seconds.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You should quit posting, seanO, you really have some antiquated, anecdotal ideas. your posts shock me more than any pistol bullet could.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Im saying its a flea turd in a giant punchbowl compared to the main factors of shot placement and blood loss. so much so, I feel dirty even acknowledging its spurious and unpredictably existence; especially from handgun bullets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom