DPMS 308 Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I rank Armalite over DPMS also but would pick the DPMS over the RRA though.

DPMS's 308 line is akin to their 223 line. The problem is their is only a fraction of 308s out there compared to the 223s and also most will shoot far less 308 rounds compared to their 223 rifles. Why would they have better QC on their 308 line over their 223 line? That doesn't make any sense and isn't the case.

Armalite plain and simple will have better QC measures in place.

As for the mag issues that is accurate. But the magazine is the problem in most weapon systems. I reckon Magpul chose to release the DPMS pattern mags first because of the popularity of them and there were other companies out there that had already made lowers around the DPMS mag pattern so it was an easy business choice for them to go with what they would sell the most of first. I'd bet money there will be an Armalite pattern mag eventually.

stevencmt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So it is difficult to buy a quad rail designed for the RRA? This is rediculous! A guy just can't make an easy decsion! I feel like I keep going in circles.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So it is difficult to buy a quad rail designed for the RRA? This is rediculous! A guy just can't make an easy decsion! I feel like I keep going in circles.

Guess you just need to get an M1A or FAL.....problem solved!

I know nothing about the AR-series of .308s, but did get a questionable feeling after looking over that new DPMS optics-ready .308. Just look any of them over real well before plunking down the cash.

elwood

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a question, how does say an average dpms or armalite shoot compared to a good bolt action 308, like a savage/rem 700/win m70? I realize this is way too subjective of a question to get anything empirical, just wondering if there is a prevailing opinion.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what are you basing this hierarchy on?

Personal preference based on my experiences w/ the companies...not necessarily the products. I never claimed to be an expert.

Do you know that the RRA has a lifetime warranty vs. 3-years on the DPMS? With .308 parts not being as abundant as good ole' AR-15 parts (including the DPMS you seem to think highly of), this is a selling point for me. I also fully expect RRA to resolve the issues you mentioned.

I don't exactly 'blow my wad' over an AR-10, but if I had to choose between the three, I'd pick the one w/ the lifetime warranty that has been around the longest and that is the Armalite. I don't have the desire / use for ANY of these rifles, though, and you won't see me picking one up.

Elwood, a stock Rem 700 tactical or a Savage 10FP will in most cases outshoot all but the best AR-10s/LR-308s...but they can be very accurate. I have seen a few varmint models shoot 1/2 MOA.

Latest posts

Top Bottom