eBikes & Scooters vs gasoline

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This Indian Hooligan looks cool.

Your Wyoming News Source

Aaron Turpen: The Indian Hooligan e-Bike Is The Coolest Thing Since, Well, Ever​

Automotive writer Aaron Turpen writes, “The Indian eFTR Hooligan is the adult version of the banana seat Huffy, but without the skinned knees, questionable homemade ramps for getting air and constant chain and sprocket maintenance.” ( Cowboy State Daily )

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a gas 66cc that I had really modded -- Higher compression head, expansion chamber w/muffler for backpressure, long tube intake with performance carb, smaller sprockets, disc brakes, heavy duty Workman wheels, Continental high performance tires, etc. When I first assembled the stock kit, it would do around 24mph according to GPS. When I was through, it clocked 52mph on a traffic radar trailer in Moore. Took it to Illinois one year and met up with a group to do the Scarecrow Run. It was about 100 miles through the corn fields (actually nice paved roads with almost zero traffic). Ended up giving it to a guy that had his stolen. He used his to get to work as a school janitor.

IMG_1706 (1).JPG

I probably had a couple thousand miles on this bike through out multiple states.

Had a friend that got one of the 'unlimited' electric bikes --- said he would even occasionally take it out on the freeways around the Dallas area. I believe his was manufactured in Australia and cost a touch over $10k

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ebikes are for people too lazy to pedal.
The whole purpose of peddling a bike is for the exercise.
Don't wanna exercise ride a scooter or car

Sneeker

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Ebikes are for people too lazy to pedal.
The whole purpose of peddling a bike is for the exercise.
Don't wanna exercise ride a scooter or car
Not if your wife had a hip replacement and you have had 4 knee surgeries. Ours have pedals and based on the level of assist chosen can be very good exercise. Got us back on bikes after years of not being able to ride.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
UPDATE: we got some decent entry-level (but not toys) electric kick scooters and I'm hooked. I am already planning my next upgrade LOL. These run 19mph under perfect conditions and have pneumatic tires so they a step above most of the very entry level and worth a little extra cost (and were on sale). I get the same euphoria I used to get riding my jet-skis except just leave right our of the garage (decent riding places close). You and your wife will love it. Also, getting the kid who's still in the nest an upgrade for Christmas over the "toy" scooter with the dead battery she's had for several years.

Just wanted to share in case anyone interested. I did a lot of research so prepared to give an opinion if anyone is considering this "sport" :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom