ELECTION RESULTS - Realtime Discussion Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not saying it needs to be ditched, but it does need to be tweaked to more accurately reflect the population. How to do that I haven't a clue, but splitting up kommiefornia's EC votes would be a start.

Should the feds decide if a state is winner-take-all or by district (like Nebraska and maybe a couple of others)?

Right now, it is an accurate representation of the makeup of Congress.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In 2000, Democrats raised a stink about the Electoral College and said it needed to be done away with because Bush won the EC by 5 while losing the popular vote by 500,000.

At this moment, Obama has a 40+ point lead in the EC while losing the popular vote by ~2,000,000.

Just an observation. Wonder who's going to be whining now.

I won't.

In fact, I think that each State needs to extend the principle to their own borders.

----

Fox makes a point that I was wondering that in Ohio there is 75% of the Ohio vote in and a increasingly smaller margin... this might have been called too early.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Should the feds decide if a state is winner-take-all or by district (like Nebraska and maybe a couple of others)?

Right now, it is an accurate representation of the makeup of Congress.

No, the Fed CAN'T decide that... but our cities and urban areas within each State have grown to the point that the Electoral College is skewed towards populous areas now.

I don't know the answer... perhaps we're just screwed.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm glad it wasn't one of those elections where you have to stay up until 2 in the morning to find out who won.

Here's to 4 more years of moaning, groaning and whining!

Latest posts

Top Bottom