Enough .22LR?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Enough ? I don't understand your wording. I have some on hand but you can never have enough. It's like having too much money. Isn't gonna happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think what the poster meant was at what point are you willing to stop paying the silly prices?.... me... I am always looking for deals ... on damn near everything...LOL...so even if I have bunch's ( not enough ) I am still gonna look hard if the price is right ( says the guy with 3 almost new pressure caners and 4 dehydrators! )

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think what the poster meant was at what point are you willing to stop paying the silly prices?.... me... I am always looking for deals ... on damn near everything...LOL...so even if I have bunch's ( not enough ) I am still gonna look hard if the price is right ( says the guy with 3 almost new pressure caners and 4 dehydrators! )

Ohhhhh ... now I'm officially jealous of your wife!! :D

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
When I run out of money.... To answer your question, once I hit close to 30,000 rounds, I quit looking online like I did most of last year. To be honest, the only 22LR I have bought recently was from links posted here. Once my backorders ship, I will probably stop buying until it shows back up at Walmart and I can get it when I go shopping every week.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking a little bit along these lines recently.
It used to be everyone said get a .22 conversion (for whatever gun), that way you can always shoot and always shoot cheap ammo.
Now........

Enough Ammo is an Oxymoron. The words are mutually exclusive.

Can someone do a Venn Diagram of that?

Dave

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sorry ... I don't understand the usage of the word "enough" in relation to any caliber of ammunition ... :scratch:

I do not "plan" to leave anything to any one after I am not here any more. So the statement of "How Much Is Enough" by me is answered by "How Much Can I Comfortably Use In My Life Time."

If I do not run out, I have planned well, if I get old and run out, there might be Hell to pay -- for some reason or another, I will just have to figure out the monthly payments are at that time. SS comes in by the 15th.

If we do not stop some of the effects of overshooting the curing of this Global Warming Crap, I may not get as much outdoor shooting time as I would like and have plenty .22's left over. Hate to start using the 1/2 back plate in my fireplace. Might have to get some steel plate and put it on my 60x100 hanger back wall. I do not like cold WX.

sethk

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This whole "no such thing as a enough" is a bit over the top. At some point you're just buying more ammo that your great-grand-kids will find ruined in your old basement. Maybe that point is way beyond what you might have or could easily obtain right now, but it exists. For myself, If I could keep a brick on hand, another for backup, and another available on the store shelves, I'd be just fine. Obviously, that last item's the problem right now.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This whole "no such thing as a enough" is a bit over the top. At some point you're just buying more ammo that your great-grand-kids will find ruined in your old basement. Maybe that point is way beyond what you might have or could easily obtain right now, but it exists. For myself, If I could keep a brick on hand, another for backup, and another available on the store shelves, I'd be just fine. Obviously, that last item's the problem right now.

Sethk,

Have you ever gone through 1000 rounds in a day? It's fun and expensive for rifle and handgun, but that's why some of us say you never have enough, cause you always shoot. I have some ammunition, and if I quit shooting, I would have enough, but I can't.

Hello, my name is John and I am addicted to shooting. Capisce?

Latest posts

Top Bottom