Enough .22LR?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
5k rounds of HiV .22lr and 500 rounds of .22 subsoninc (22 Short and or 22l/22lr) on-hand (stashed) would make me feel comfortable for now. I wouldn't hesitate to add to the stash though.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd say 25,000 or 30,000 rounds. I have never, ever owned that much in my entire lifetime. I remember my grandpa buying me a brick of remington thunderbolt and it lasting all summer long and into fall/winter.

Lizard

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started buying .22lr before the prices started going up. Well, just after. I saw the small price increases, read about increases in ore prices and decided it was better to spend money when I had it than to wait until I was retired and wouldn't have a decent income.

I started putting aside $20 every paycheck to get what I could when they started charging $8.50 for a brick of 550. I stopped when the prices hit $10 - which was before there was any shortage. Since the shortage, I haven't bought ANY .22lr ammo, so I don't feel that I've contributed to it.

I have often shot 1K rounds on a Saturday when I'd go out with my boys and maybe one or two of their buddies, so I know that ammo doesn't last near as long as people think. although, I'd hate to have a reporter write about what the cops would find in my home and storage building if I ever wound up in the papers for overdue parking tickets.

Now, although all of my boys are on their own and far away, I have about 40K rounds of .22lr and have no intention of ever buying more. I have sold a few bricks to friends that were actual shooters and couldn't find any, but I figure I have enough to last me and my wife through all of the rest of my work life and eventual retirement. But if I do run out, I think that ammo will be back on the shelves and at lower prices than they are now.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heck, with only a single 15-22 and a single Walther P22 we can easily knock out 500 rounds in a couple of hours... at that rate, the stash I have might not last the year. And people think I've overdone it.

Not a chance. Keep buying till you got nowhere to put it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom