Ever had a CAT Scan? MRI?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a CT scan done on my head early a.m. one week ago today.........the iodine made me feel kinda 'strange'<-----(hard to explain) and sick to my stomach all day.

I've had two full tube MRI's and they had to pull me out of both and reschedule with me being IV sedated........never knew it all my life till I tried the first MRI but apparently I'm claustrophobic.
I'm not claustrophobic but my back will not allow me to lie down flat. BUT! They now have UPRIGHT MRI's! It was still 30 minutes of no movement, but it was endurable. Funny thing, they told me exactly what I already knew about my degenerative disk disease and heart problems. DUH!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The full tube MRI does not bother me
I usually go to sleep and they woke me up after I came out.
Same here. Had several over the years. One was of concern.
I had an MRI for some back pain. Showed I had a growth like cancer that had metastasized on the spine which is pretty much a death notice.
After taking a full body cancer scan that I don't remember the name of, it was determined the "cancer" was an anomaly in the MRI film.
The three weeks between that diagnosis and the determination of the film anomaly was a time in my life that weighed heavily on the mind.
Scary times for sure.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
A couple MRI on a shoulder, full tube, not comfortable if you're very wide shouldered though. Fell sound asleep both times.

DaveinOKC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had an MRI recently with two stainless pins straight through (front to back) of two toes after foot surgery to check for evidence of bone infection…thank goodness for a little neuropathy as it kind of felt like two piggy wiggles on a spit as the pins warmed up.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had several of each done. I had some kind of special scan done for my gallbladder. I just had my 12 surgery (4th hernia) done a week ago from last Monday. I feel like the crash test dummy equivalent for surgeries.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not claustrophobic but my back will not allow me to lie down flat. BUT! They now have UPRIGHT MRI's! It was still 30 minutes of no movement, but it was endurable. Funny thing, they told me exactly what I already knew about my degenerative disk disease and heart problems. DUH!
I've had several MRI's. I'm too claustrophobic and had to use the open-sided MRI.

Not sure what type of machines Touchstone Imaging here in Norman, where I had my CT scan done, has available and hopefully I won't have anything else going on down the road that warrants a MRI but if I do I'll ask about 'open sided' or 'upright'.........I don't enjoy being put under and anything has got to be better than being slid up in that tube.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same here. Had several over the years. One was of concern.
I had an MRI for some back pain. Showed I had a growth like cancer that had metastasized on the spine which is pretty much a death notice.
After taking a full body cancer scan that I don't remember the name of, it was determined the "cancer" was an anomaly in the MRI film.
The three weeks between that diagnosis and the determination of the film anomaly was a time in my life that weighed heavily on the mind.
Scary times for sure.
Getting the call, you don't really understand it, until you get that call.

Glad yours turned out to be a false alarm, still can't undo the 3 weeks you endured though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom