Favorite Gun Range...why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i have a couple of target stands and 4 metal swinging targets at my lease. also have a nice shooting bench that my dad welded up. also a member of the okcgc which is a fantastic facility. i understand they are having an orientation in the next few weeks for new members and another in may.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My mom's land is my #1. It doesn't have long range, but it has a giant creek bed as a back stop, steel targets, no crowds, and the owners don't mind if you stick around afterwards, start a bonfire, and crack open a few beers.

Commercial, I like H&H prices but Heartland's facilities. Heartland is much closer to home, so they get my business.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went out today to try out Heartland. A couple of hours and many rounds later, I walked away happy. Good place to shoot. Nice lanes. Good people working there.

Thanks for all the options posted.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cheesus man... You've done a ton of work in the last few years!!! I had no idea you guys had put that much into it

Yep, and its even getting better. By this fall all of our steel poppers should be forward falling.
.22 rimfire will drop them in a heartbeat, vs the rear falling that require a centerfire pistol round to knock them down. We have a new design for steel "bowling pins" that will show the hit, yet remain durable vs the real bowling pins that we used to have. The list continues to evolve.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Day off today...wanted to shoot.
Went by Everett's and got in with no wait about 2:00PM this afternoon.
The guys up front seemed like good people to me. Not the cleanest facility...no climate control...but seemed ventilated enough.
The range is a complete night & day switch from Heartland. Didn't realize how convenient the automatic target retrieval systems were...my hands got super dirty pulling on that rope...and my arm got tired going back and forth too. There were all types of people coming in and out but the range was never full.

Probably not my first choice next time, but it's close to work so I'll probably go back at some point.

Oh and they were out of guns an ammo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom