Female wants a .22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jckellison

+1 for skipping the Sig. There are much more reliable pistols on the market. I like the Walther myself, but you can't deny Ruger and their unbeatable reputation with .22lr's

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not opposed to someone carrying a .22 as a CC weapon. Plenty of people have been killed or seriously wounded by .22 pistols. It's not an ideal defensive caliber, but it will probably get the job done if the shots are placed where they should be.

As far as picking the Mosquito, I'd go with a Ruger SR22 pistol instead. Better yet, get her a Kel-Tec PMR-30 loaded with THIRTY rounds of .22 Mag.

i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Pistolas_PMR30_8297.jpg

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a class called Firearms For Women. In this class I teach the fundamentals of stance, grip, sights, shooting, power of bullets, what does caliber means and a lot of material to understand how to be safe with a handgun.

Students shoot about 14 diff hand guns of diff sizes and calibers, .22, .25, .380, .38 spcl, 9mm, .40, .357, .45 and a home defense shotgun. Students shoot sizes from mouse guns, sub-compact, compact, service, and tactical or competition so they get and idea of what to use. We discuss how a woman determines if a handgun fits their hand. We shoot these handguns and discuss if they are a good fit for each student and if they are a good choice for home defense and/or carry depending on their circumstances.

Next class --

When: Sat, March 24th
Time: 8 am - 2 pm
Where: Tulsa Gun Club
Cost: $90 with guns and ammo included
class size is limited to 8 students.

Go to my web site www.firearmsontarget.com for more information.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not opposed to someone carrying a .22 as a CC weapon. Plenty of people have been killed or seriously wounded by .22 pistols. It's not an ideal defensive caliber, but it will probably get the job done if the shots are placed where they should be.

As far as picking the Mosquito, I'd go with a Ruger SR22 pistol instead. Better yet, get her a Kel-Tec PMR-30 loaded with THIRTY rounds of .22 Mag.

i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Pistolas_PMR30_8297.jpg

Good luck, I cant keep those things in stock, soon as I get a few they are sold before they arive. They arent cheap either, they sell for $400...for a 22!
If you want one from us you are looking at a 6 to 7 month wait.

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If a .22 is what she will carry it is better than a .45 at home. Get the .22, get the best high velocity ammo available, practice a lot to make sure the weapon and ammo function reliably, practice a lot more to get very good at shot placement.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last school shooting, the shooter used a .22. Shooter killed several kids with that "useless" .22.
I don't understand the mindset. I really don't. I have seen boyfriends, husbands and fathers give their females .38's, 9mm and 45's that just scared the crap out of them. Why would anyone want to do that? I started my wife out with a .22 and worked her way up to larger calibers, yet the male mindset is to start them off with hard recoil, louder that hell weapons that just flat scare them.
I would rather my wife or daughter use a weapon that didn't scare them, indimadate them or one they couldn't hit with. If you can put 5 rounds of .22 in an area the size of a quarter, I would think you would neutralize any threat.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get her any .22 besides a Mosquito. A Trailside would be great, or a P22, or a Ruger SP series revolver maybe.

Anyone that thinks a .22 isn't enough to kill someone either is a horrible shot or has "little man" syndrome.

Oh yes, and if you have tons of money to throw away, I teach a class for ladies (only young and good looking please) at the motel off I44 on the west side by the truck stops. I can teach them whatever you want, shooting, self defense, english second language, computer skills, and the fees are a sliding scale base on how young and good looking she is. Cash only please.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No one should be carrying 22LR! Its your god given duty to do your best to sure she doesn't carry any other ***** low power rounds like 25acp, 32acp, 380acp, or 38spl. Get her something in 44mag and load it up with some hot 300 grain hardcast slammers because thats the only combo with enough power to kill anything.

44mag is too small. I carry one o' dem hakked off 375H&H bolt jawbbers in case one of teh buffawomenalo over at teh wall-martzz rawbs meh.

Latest posts

Top Bottom