Finally found a 1022 what to do now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
That's a good point. Tech Sights would be my choice for irons, but most people go straight to optics. You can lear a lot about marksmanship with a good set of irons.

Tech sights are my first choice, too. They offer a model now that the rear sight will mount on the factory OEM optics rail that will co-witness with some micro-dot sights and/or allow the use of iron sights with the red dot attached without removing it. I'd recommend the Bushnell TRS-25 if you wanted to go that route.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Extra mags. I put a hogue over molded stock on one to make it into a youth model. I have also done my own trigger job and my own buffers.

All of mine have scopes. Cheap ones.

Some kind of reactive targets are nice and can be shot with other .22s. Steel spinners, clay pigeons and a home made walking target is what I use.

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 6 mags for it now and I haven't even shot the damned thing yet. Lol. I also was at academy at lunch time and saw they had the mag loader in stock so I picked up one of them. Loaded all my mags in like 5 mins. The loader is the main reason I wanted a 1022. I would like to put a scope on it and would also like some input from someone if they have used the see through scope mounts or one with the "quick attach" or thumb screw bases.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a see through mount on one and I don't like it. It places the scope higher and it changes the point of impact in relation to the line of sight. I have bought another set of rings for it and I need to put them on.

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 6 mags for it now and I haven't even shot the damned thing yet. Lol. I also was at academy at lunch time and saw they had the mag loader in stock so I picked up one of them. Loaded all my mags in like 5 mins. The loader is the main reason I wanted a 1022. I would like to put a scope on it and would also like some input from someone if they have used the see through scope mounts or one with the "quick attach" or thumb screw bases.

Shoot, mod, shoot again, repeat until happy with the results.
One the option of scopes, get a good one like the Nikon P22 2-7 power, pricey $180 plus tax but really nice. I don't mind the see through weaver mounts at all but that's just cause I like the option of irons or scope

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Leupold QRW rings are nice and work on the factory scope base. Mueller is another scope line that the rimfire shooters seem to like. A good place to check out specs on scopes is SWFA.com

Latest posts

Top Bottom