Finally found a 1022 what to do now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always do a Volquartsen target hammer and auto bolt release, install sling studs and 1 1/4" swivels, a GI web sling, and Ether Tech Sights or a scope. For a scope, I personally prefer one that is nice and short, since it is hard to get one far enough forward to get proper eye relief on the short receiver with the factory scope mount. Plus I prefer a nice low powered scope for the type of shooting I do with mine anyway.

I really like the idea of the new rail mount Tech Sight rear and a co-witnessed red dot.

Oh, and definitely come to an Appleseed!

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got out and shot it today, had 4 bx25 mags, not a single issue. Used one butler creek (plastic lips) that my buddy has and it is garbage, fail to feed 1-2 times per mag. Its an awesome gun. I probably ran 1000 rounds through it today.

COBrien

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you plan to scope your 10/22, I'd strongly recommend an aftermarket mount/rail. Ruger's mount is not designed to Weaver/Picatinny specs. I had to torque the snot out of my Warne rings to get them to snug up on the Ruger mount.

Picked up a Power Custom rail for $15 and have no complaints. Even the "avoid-at-all-costs" brands such as UTG and NcStar make decent rails for the 10/22. Anything is better than what Ruger ships the rifles with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Insureyourself

Marksman
Reaction score
If you don't want to go with the tech sights, I have gone with the Williams. It gives you the rail and you can mount optics with quick detach and have the best of both worlds. I shoot optics but I make my kids shoot iron sights. It works great for flexibility.

Shooter77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Volquartsen Exact Edge extractor for improved reliability.
Power Custom Firing Pin (again, improved reliability).
Trigger job or kit (type depends on what you plan to do with it)
Extended mag release (again, type depends on what you plan to do with it)
A bolt buffer is nice (and cheap)

After that, you can go from mild to wild with optics, barrels, stocks, etc. Here's mine with the aforementioned mods, plus a Tac-Sol barrel, custom balanced Revolution stock and Burris 3X9 scope.

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_DSC_0110.jpg

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_DSC_1116.jpg

She's a beauty!! Well done.

Latest posts

Top Bottom