Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes sir, I have them on three of my rods.
I hand paint some blood streaks on the bottom of mine using fingernail polish.
That being said, I have to repeat this story.
While in Walmart years ago looking for the red with sparkles fingernail polish, a younger girl in her early 20's kept giving me side glances.
When finding the bottle I wanted, she said that was not going to be a good color for me, I should use something lighter.
I just stood there dumbfounded for a second realizing what she was implying. When I professed it was to paint a fishing lure, I got the "yeah sure" look.
Got the bottle and bailed out, humiliated and embarrassed. It's still in my desk in the shop. I think of that incident every time it comes out to paint a lure or jig head.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went back out this morning and caught enough white bass for dinner. It was a bit windy on the lake but they stared biting around 1pm.

IMG_0183.jpeg

IMG_0182.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went dove hunting tonight, being in the wrong place, only getting four.
But! After time expired, got my ultralight pole with 6 lb line and a beetle spin to throw a few at the pond.
6 years ago it was dry and got cleaned out. It was stocked with perch and fat head minnows.
A year later put in two channel cat and two female bass about a pound each. The pond remained chocolate milk colored until this year with no fish caught other than perch. Pond cleared up this year finally.
First cast with the beetle spin resulted in an explosion on the water.
12.5 minutes later pulled in a channel cat that measured 30 with a measurement app.
30” which I think is really big for a 1 acre pond.
IMG_3522.png

IMG_3523.jpeg

Had no clue what the weight was so did a search that gave an approximate weight by length without knowing the girth so it’s all I have.

IMG_3524.png

The fish was returned to the pond for another day of fun.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was left at home unsupervised today.
Screw the honeydo’s.
Decided to finish up tying some flies to take on an upcoming trout fishing trip out of state.
Tied a few zebra midges with a peacock eye collar that’s much more colorful than the pic.

IMG_3526.jpeg

IMG_3528.jpeg
IMG_3529.jpeg

Then tied 10 San Juan worms in different colors, some beaded and some not in different colors and material.

IMG_3531.jpeg

Think I’m ready. Everything I used is tied.

IMG_3530.jpeg

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was left at home unsupervised today.
Screw the honeydo’s.
Decided to finish up tying some flies to take on an upcoming trout fishing trip out of state.
Tied a few zebra midges with a peacock eye collar that’s much more colorful than the pic.

View attachment 511503
View attachment 511504View attachment 511505

Then tied 10 San Juan worms in different colors, some beaded and some not in different colors and material.

View attachment 511506

Think I’m ready. Everything I used is tied.

View attachment 511507
Looks great Mr. Hoddy!

Good luck on your upcoming trout fishing trip!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom