Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
got one at Lake Elmer yesterday.

Elmer 4-24-21.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buddy and I went with a guide for a full day of fly fishing the Little Red River below Greers Ferry Reservoir yesterday.
The bite was on. We boated around 50 or so rainbows in the 12” range. A couple larger.
Hot pink mop flies worked in the morning. After lunch the bite changed to a caddis fly with an emerger as a dropper.

IMG_2445.jpg

IMG_2441.jpg

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buddy and I went with a guide for a full day of fly fishing the Little Red River below Greers Ferry Reservoir yesterday.
The bite was on. We boated around 50 or so rainbows in the 12” range. A couple larger.
Hot pink mop flies worked in the morning. After lunch the bite changed to a caddis fly with an emerger as a dropper.

View attachment 203441
View attachment 203442

Great fun and that water looks great!

I suppose you seen what happened to Roaring River...

I was planning on hitting the Buffalo for some creek Smallies but I`ll probably have to put that off until things settle down over there...
https://ar.water.usgs.gov/buffaloriver/

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great fun and that water looks great!

I suppose you seen what happened to Roaring River...

I was planning on hitting the Buffalo for some creek Smallies but I`ll probably have to put that off until things settle down over there...
https://ar.water.usgs.gov/buffaloriver/

Wife was showing me pics of Roaring River this morning. We have friends with a cabin in that area but it’s above the flood water.
The Buffalo will be up for several days. We have RV friends staying at Ponca Arkansas currently. Talked to them this morning. They said the upper Buffalo was muddy and high.

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yesterday at Bixhoma...

Fishing was slow for me, caught one and missed one. I`m ate smooth up with this Tenkara fishing so much so I`m not hauling my spinning ultralights with me...

103_1133.JPG

103_1136 (3).JPG

Pawn shop find in Bixby yesterday, an old Browning Silaflex ultralight spinning rod (Model 232955, 5'5", 2 piece 1960). It came with the original protective tube with the owners name in it, after a quick search I found him but sadly he passed away in 2007 at age 84. I think it`s interesting how this rod made it`s way to Bixby from Salt Lake City.
Now to find a reel for her!

103_1141 (2).JPG

103_1149 (2).JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom