Food plot in September???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I overheated this afternoon and became dizzy, my chest hurt, and could not cool down because there was no wind. I poured well water over my head and arms trying to cool off. It took 20 minutes to stabilize myself. I knew I was in trouble but there was no one to help me. I finally cooled down sufficiently to walk to my pickup and come home to the shower. The older I get the less I like to work alone.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Aviator1/Dalyup - I need to know specifically what you are going to plant so I can target those plants. If you are planting winter peas or clover that do not need much nitrogen to germinate then I may recommend 1 product. If you are planting cereal grains that needs more nitrogen then I may recommend a different product. If you have a high percent of organic matter in your soil, which is determined by a quality soil test,then the bacteria will break this down and provide additional nitrogen. Typically, NW Oklahoma is sand and a low % of organic matter and a very low cation exchange capacity. I do not use OSU to do my soil samples as they are too expensive. I recently priced them in comparison to a soil lab in Nebraska for what I was wanting performed. The Nebraska lab was approx. $27.00 cheaper and I have results in 5 business days when the results are emailed to me. This hurts because I am an OSU graduate. I am not trying to be difficult just thorough which I hope you appreciate.

Beef Producer Magazine or Farmer Stockman Magazine wrote a story on one of my projects last year where I saved a Canton, Okla wheat farmer $120/acre on his fertilizer bill and boosted his production by approx. 26% and his soil was contaminated with salt water. The uncontaminated soil in a different part of his field produced a higher return. My business is restoring the soil, one field at a time.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dalyup - please send me your cell # so that I can get some more information. When was the last time you had a soil test done? What is your current fertilizer program? No two pieces of ground are alike. Are you interested in increased relative food value? Please send me your cell number as your real interest is your wheat and canola.

Latest posts

Top Bottom