Food plot in September???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Aviator41 - I use a liquid soil amendment on my plots that does more than just contain slow release fertilizer. The product contains a biological stimulant that enhances the plants growth and establishment. It also contains soil bacteria which break down the organic matter in the soil to release the nutrients that are bound up and make them plant available. Third, if the soil is acidic or alkaline there is a compound contained in the product that will buffer these conditions so that the plants are not under stress due to high or low pH. Lastly, the product contains fertilizer that targets specifically what you want to grow be it legumes or grains. The 4 products are working in synergy to increase drought tolerance, nutrient uptake, break down clay to release the moisture, nutrients and allow a disk or tiller to easily cut it. There are a few more benefits not mentioned. The cost is equal to or less than what you are paying for fertilizer depending on how much you use. The product also assists in detoxifying the salt in the pellitized fertilizer. This is something no one thinks about. Salt binds nutrients so that they are not plant available.

I am completing a project for an oil company where a saltwater spill had killed all of the vegetation for the past 2 years. I remediated the soil for salt and had Bermuda and Johnson grass and some weeds growing in the effected area in less than 30 days. The oil company is pleased and saved them significant money compared to the current practices.

If you are interested in all these benefits for your food plot (s) then send me a pm.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The next time I run across a piece of culvert, I'm going to build one of these. I'd rather it be a steel one so I could weld the ends up and center shaft, instead of what they did here. Really wouldn't even need bearings if you didn't mind a little squeak now and then, add weight and go.
i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_PACKER_zps39d8db0a.jpg

I was going to do something similar but use an old hot water heater you could just fill with water.

Latest posts

Top Bottom