Fowler dodge on i 240 is boo boo!!!!!! Avoid!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swoklagunner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I had a horrible experience with Fowler Mitsubishi in Norman back in 2005. This experience started with a cold phone call from the dealership to my wife, who had bought a car there (Eclipse) a few years earlier. Long story short, he asked if we were interested in trading her Eclipse for a newer vehicle, because he had a customer who wanted an Eclipse and he had found my wife's name on their database. This conversation was lengthy, but to summarize, he told her how much he'd give on a trade-in, and said he'd have 5 different models setting out front for us to look at once we got there.

We arrived the following weekend and, much to my surprise (rolling eyes), the salesman who called had been off work for several weeks due to medical reasons and was making cold calls from home. They knew nothing about the trade-in price he had discussed with my wife, the price of the new vehicle suddenly became a sticky point, and we had to walk across the street, through a motel lobby, to the Honda Dealership to discuss financing. None of this went smoothly for us, but we bought the vehicle (Endeavor) anyway because it was a good vehicle and we were about to take a long drive for vacation and were under a time crunch...actually my wife was set on buying this vehicle.

After we got through the aggravation of making the deal, we discovered (after we got home) that they had given us the wrong set of spare keys and the fob. We were at Sooner Mall and we called them. They were unable to find the spare set, so we went home...we live 2 hours from Norman. We called on Monday and they told us that we'd have to bring the vehicle back for them to program a new fob. I informed them that this was unacceptable, since I was reluctant to put another 240 miles on the vehicle, just to get a new set of keys and fob. They finally found it and mailed it to us.

After an angry letter to the management, I received a phone call from someone claiming to be in management, apologizing for the problems, and he informed me that everyone involved had been terminated...then offered us a discount on an oil change next time I was in Norman.

The Fowler family of dealerships will never get another dime of our money.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It looks to me as though the Fowler Whatever dealerships wins hands down. Says something about the ultimate ownership.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a good thing I read this thread as I was considering buying from Fowler Honda.

My vote goes to David Stanley as the worst with Bob Howard being second. I've given David Stanley a few chances to sell me a truck or Jeep (mainly because I live on that side of town). The one thing I'll say about them is they are consistent. I've always left hoping a tornado would wipe them out. I won't even let my wife look at their Jeeps now because there is no way we're buying from them.

Beerzerker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, 1 of the car dealers mentioned was a real pain in my a$$ when I moved to OKC.

I needed a new car because my interceptor impala had 200K miles on it. That was a really good car, but at that milage the suspension starts acting up. So I asked asked a sales guy at a chrysler dealership on NW expressway to show me mini-vans (don't laugh now :smash: ) and was interrupted by a more "senior" sales guy who then proceeded to try to pressure me into buying a 5 year old Cadillac. I told him that I don't like Cadillac after they are more than 1 year old because the bumpers always fall off (Borrowed that line from Chris Rock) and he still persisted and told me he could reduce the price if I bought it "today". I was seriously going to write a check for a car that day, but I didn't like the high pressure sales tactics, so I left.

So I waited and went to a small dealer on Britton rd next to Johnnies and got a beauty mini van. I still have it and its still awsome! The dealer and owner were really helpful and as far as I can tell straight shooters. I have no regrets dealing with those guys.

Latest posts

Top Bottom