Freakin pigs are back!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bassin, what's the reasoning here? It seems like it would accomplish the same thing? Is it that fewer would be trapped than would be otherwise killed?

Ranch buys hogs, turns those hogs loose. Those hogs continue to breed and spread. Even so called high fences can be escaped at times. These ranches aren't always upstanding of the laws and release the hogs in the wild to reproduce and keep the income coming in.

Dennis is absolutely correct as well. Somebody who can make a $100+ per hog, isn't likely to kill off there income.

victor3ranger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so now that helping other members out with hog meat, we need to get a list together so when the hogs do hit the ground we can call them up if they aren't on the hunt to pick up the meat.

You guys down for that??

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so now that helping other members out with hog meat, we need to get a list together so when the hogs do hit the ground we can call them up if they aren't on the hunt to pick up the meat.

You guys down for that??

<--- will drive for meat! will shoot for meat! will do stupid human trick for meat!

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd definitely make a reasonable drive to pick up some hog meat for the freezer. I'd prefer to hunt some but we definitely need some freezer meat so I'm in. I just got a case of .50 Beowulf ammo in so I'm set for hogs from normal to gigantic lol.

nhagar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
<--- will drive for meat! will shoot for meat! will do stupid human trick for meat!

careful some one may take you up on a stupid human trick.........

But yeah I like that Idea of a sticky or something for a list of people who would take some hog meat. Just would hate to see someone take advantage. Maybe have a rule can only take 2 hogs every 6 months or something. That way everyone will get the opportunity at some hog meat.

I will be trapping some hogs out in the next month or so. Haven't found any sort of pattern with them yet. But I do plan on trapping and butchering at least one for ourselves. If I get into a whole mess I am more than happy giving some away.

Latest posts

Top Bottom