Freakin pigs are back!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is it the same as the one posted by the Okla Dept of Agriculture? I signed up on that one over a year ago, there were only landowners from two counties signed up at that time.

OKB - maybe you can answer a question - guy thinks he's infested w/pigs, some of his corn is knocked down, pigs obviously have been through there. (fresh tracks)

No big areas rooted up anywhere, no mud on trees, in fact, whole 320 acres is sandy. I've never seen hogs take up residence without some opportunity for slick mud - I'm thinking they must be camped out some other area, just come through for a meal once in a while.

What say you?

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first question, does he know a pig track from a deer track? With no other evidence, it almost does not sound like pigs. I've never seen a place "infested" and the only signs be tracks.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it the same as the one posted by the Okla Dept of Agriculture? I signed up on that one over a year ago, there were only landowners from two counties signed up at that time.

OKB - maybe you can answer a question - guy thinks he's infested w/pigs, some of his corn is knocked down, pigs obviously have been through there. (fresh tracks)

No big areas rooted up anywhere, no mud on trees, in fact, whole 320 acres is sandy. I've never seen hogs take up residence without some opportunity for slick mud - I'm thinking they must be camped out some other area, just come through for a meal once in a while.

What say you?

They very well can be coming in at night just for groceries. Fact is hogs won't root in a feed field if what they are after is on top of the soil. I have trapped hogs on an irrigated crop field that was about 1.5 miles off the river bottom and at least half mile from any good cover, yet they travelled to the field every night.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first question, does he know a pig track from a deer track? With no other evidence, it almost does not sound like pigs. I've never seen a place "infested" and the only signs be tracks.

It was pigs, I went out there Saturday. I think OKB confirmed what I suspected, pigs just stopping for groceries.

The guy that has the land just saw the damage and assumed the pigs were "on his place".

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was pigs, I went out there Saturday. I think OKB confirmed what I suspected, pigs just stopping for groceries.

The guy that has the land just saw the damage and assumed the pigs were "on his place".

???? Well he does have pigs on his place, right? They may be back nightly or may have been passing through. Get a handle on em soon, before the damage is done.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PM me a phone number if you would be willing to meet at Exit 101 off I 40. It is the Hinton/Geary exit and there is a Love's travel stop on the south side of interstate. There is a rest/picnic area north of interstate a short distance. The picnic area would probably make a good area for pick up. I would call in the evening around 5-6 when I had time to go hog hunting and see if ya could be at the pick up point within an hour or so notice if the hunt was successful. Upon harvest, I could call and let you know how many I have and you can decide how many you want. This time of year its last light or after dark (permit issued by game warden) when hogs are killed. So recipient would be expecting a follow up call possibly around 10:00-1200 at night. It would take me an approximately an hour to get to the pick up point. Let me know how this sounds?

Edit to add: closer we get to deer season the less I will be hog hunting. The permit isn't valid during deer firearm seasons.

PM's have been eerily quiet for the amount of posts wanting hogs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom