Freakin pigs are back!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The DMAP I hunt on doesn't waste anything. If we have more than we can use personally or give away, a local community nearby will take all we can give them. Volunteers process the meat, and its distributed to the elderly, or those that genuinely need it.
Of course we still have to do all of the field dressing, dragging out, etc. I can field dress one pretty quick now! :D

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PM me a phone number if you would be willing to meet at Exit 101 off I 40. It is the Hinton/Geary exit and there is a Love's travel stop on the south side of interstate. There is a rest/picnic area north of interstate a short distance. The picnic area would probably make a good area for pick up. I would call in the evening around 5-6 when I had time to go hog hunting and see if ya could be at the pick up point within an hour or so notice if the hunt was successful. Upon harvest, I could call and let you know how many I have and you can decide how many you want. This time of year its last light or after dark (permit issued by game warden) when hogs are killed. So recipient would be expecting a follow up call possibly around 10:00-1200 at night. It would take me an approximately an hour to get to the pick up point. Let me know how this sounds?

Edit to add: closer we get to deer season the less I will be hog hunting. The permit isn't valid during deer firearm seasons.

marshalldylan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to do some hog hunting soon, but don't want to support hunting ranches if they are part of the hog problem. What do you guys recommend then as a way to find hogs?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PM me a phone number if you would be willing to meet at Exit 101 off I 40. It is the Hinton/Geary exit and there is a Love's travel stop on the south side of interstate. There is a rest/picnic area north of interstate a short distance. The picnic area would probably make a good area for pick up. I would call in the evening around 5-6 when I had time to go hog hunting and see if ya could be at the pick up point within an hour or so notice if the hunt was successful. Upon harvest, I could call and let you know how many I have and you can decide how many you want. This time of year its last light or after dark (permit issued by game warden) when hogs are killed. So recipient would be expecting a follow up call possibly around 10:00-1200 at night. It would take me an approximately an hour to get to the pick up point. Let me know how this sounds?

Edit to add: closer we get to deer season the less I will be hog hunting. The permit isn't valid during deer firearm seasons.

One tip for you guys thinking about doing this. Be loaded up and ready to go on a moment's notice. OKB doesn't fool around. When it's time to hunt, it's time to hunt. :)

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to do some hog hunting soon, but don't want to support hunting ranches if they are part of the hog problem. What do you guys recommend then as a way to find hogs?

IIRC the state has (or had) a website where folks with pigs they wanted gone could hook up with guys who wanted to do the getting. Do the rest of you guys remember this? My googlefoo is weak tonight ...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IIRC the state has (or had) a website where folks with pigs they wanted gone could hook up with guys who wanted to do the getting. Do the rest of you guys remember this? My googlefoo is weak tonight ...

I signed up on it, and if I remember right there was a thread on this awhile back, and nobody had ever got a call.

It was through the Noble Foundation if my memory serves me correct.

Latest posts

Top Bottom