From a choice of Carry to a Need to carry and what I will learn as I go through

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion but I'm going with open carry as I've mostly concealed carry. Today was a good day. Where I get my hair cut was funny because she liked the leather too. Then she pulled out her glock with the red laser. COOL.
After I went to Walmart and expected to have a problem. Went to every department (except ladies) and no odd looks or comments.
Glad to get home to my pain pills but I intend to try out the same setup at home till I get a real feel for it, then move on.
I open carry often, depending on how I'm dressed. In winter I usually have a coat to conceal it but when the coat comes off, its open. I often get comments of praise thanking me for carrying. Others don't even see it. Sometimes I get compliments on my 1911. Its 99% positive though.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To each his own. I look like an old man with a limp and a handicapped parking tag; which is true. But I am by no means the low hanging fruit that a bad guy wants to try to pluck. I would just as soon keep all my options to myself until such time as I have to reveal my hand. Poker face; poker carry.

I see no need to give away any possible element or tools at my disposal. I even keep my hands in my pockets a lot, like when getting out of my car and starting to walk in or out of a store, just so a potential attacker doesn't see the "fist of death". Not to mention it may be holding a small pistol, which when properly employed, will stop his errant ways.

I want to be the quiet, unobtrusive gray man. Not the guy screaming I got a gun!

(PS: no flat top here; got too many scars and lumps on my noggin; wife said it would scare little kids if I cut my hair too short. Gonna have to start wearing a hat if I go full on @surjimmy.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Golly, you’re an obstinate, old man steely. I really, really didn’t like you when you first started posting here. Grated on a few nerves, some intentionally, I’m sure.
However, I wish you the best and really have grown fond of you and your tenacity. Hang tough and stay well!

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Golly, you’re an obstinate, old man steely. I really, really didn’t like you when you first started posting here. Grated on a few nerves, some intentionally, I’m sure.
However, I wish you the best and really have grown fond of you and your tenacity. Hang tough and stay well!
Ha. Thanks GP. I appreciate that. Maybe we can get to shoot sometime.
I have a tendency to not have a filter. I apologize for that and regret it.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update on fitness:
Went on a walk today and discovered there's no way I can carry and work out. Ha. Heck I can't even do it walking.
Did get to set a water mark of 1,000 yds distance. Pace was .056 but that's ok. Plan on moving up to 1,200 yds in 2 weeks and increase 200 yds every two weeks until I reach 1,800 (touch over a mile). Then increase pace till I set another goal.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update on fitness:
Went on a walk today and discovered there's no way I can carry and work out. Ha. Heck I can't even do it walking.
Did get to set a water mark of 1,000 yds distance. Pace was .056 but that's ok. Plan on moving up to 1,200 yds in 2 weeks and increase 200 yds every two weeks until I reach 1,800 (touch over a mile). Then increase pace till I set another goal.

Don't measure by yards...measure by feet. You will make three times the progress as using yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom