Game cam pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Checked our cam after putting the feeder out this weekend, nothing :-(. Had a few blank pics of the woods but that's it. Buddy thinks we picked a bad spot but I say we need to give it some time before they find it.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With a new feeder I usually give it at least 2 weeks before I expect to see much deer activity. I'm sure you have deer traffic in that area, but you got to get them used to feeding at that particular site. This takes some time usually. You can help attract them to that spot by putting sweet smelling food at your feeder. I do this a lot when initially setting a feeder. One simple trick I do is soaking a few pounds of corn in apple juice for a couple of days, then go out and spread it around my feeder. The smell really gets their attention. Even then it will take them a while to establish any sort of routine at your feeder. Once you have a feeder in place for serveral years the deer will come back and check that site regularly looking for food, so its not really necessary to run your feeder 365. I usually run mine about August thru February, sometimes as late as April.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had a Moultrie "cellular" camera for a couple years, and it worked pretty good the first year. Last year, it would only upload pictures when it felt like it, and the plans offered through Moultrie are kind of expensive for the number of pictures you are allowed. I am currently using it to try to catch a vandal who destroyed one of my old Camtrakkers a few weeks ago.

I have been studying other cellular game cams, and I ended up buying the HCO UM562 from Trailcampro.com and got it set up this morning. I have tried it around my house, and it is taking and sending pictures to my email. I am going to put it in the woods this afternoon, and if it works properly, I will be making a trip to my OK place next weekend to set it up for some long range scouting.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I have had a Moultrie "cellular" camera for a couple years, and it worked pretty good the first year. Last year, it would only upload pictures when it felt like it, and the plans offered through Moultrie are kind of expensive for the number of pictures you are allowed. I am currently using it to try to catch a vandal who destroyed one of my old Camtrakkers a few weeks ago.

I have been studying other cellular game cams, and I ended up buying the HCO UM562 from Trailcampro.com and got it set up this morning. I have tried it around my house, and it is taking and sending pictures to my email. I am going to put it in the woods this afternoon, and if it works properly, I will be making a trip to my OK place next weekend to set it up for some long range scouting.

Did that happen in OK?

Latest posts

Top Bottom