Gardens 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Getting a few maters!
1000010847.jpg

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our garden tubs are kicking ass! Tomatos, squash, jalapeños, banana peppers, zucchini, egg plant and bell peppers!

We used to ground garden an acre of ground when we were younger and the girls were home, and a 1/2 acre if corn. Our last home we had 8 10 x 50 raised beds. Wish we would have reserved them when we sold and moved them here. They were built out of 8x16 blocks two high and had an auto sprinkler system in them. I will build more of them identical this fall when it cools.

And we finished our path from the house sidewalk over to my shop! Took advantage of these two past cool mornings!

IMG_6236.jpegIMG_6235.jpegIMG_6234.jpegIMG_6233.jpegIMG_6232.jpegIMG_6231.jpegIMG_6230.jpegIMG_6237.jpeg

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dug the first potatoes this morning only about 1/4 of the vines. Seems the Red Pontiac vines died back first. The Yukon Gold and Kennebec still have some time to go tho all planted at the same time. Couple of those pontiacs are about the size of a softball. Looks like it’s gonna be a good year.

Attachments

• IMG_4978.jpeg
    IMG_4978.jpeg
    3 MB

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did plant some of those nuclear hot peppers. So far just the moderately hot ones have produced a pickable size pepper. But the Ghost Pepper is getting close.

I showed the wife your Strawberry Plants, she is just sick about ours. One of the sheep is an escape artist and opened a chainlink gate latch!

She said yours look so good!

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had those in small containers for about a year and a half or more, don’t remember for sure. Finally got around to building the raised beds and planting them last week. I know there’ll be a little transplant shock but I fed them some vegging fertilizer and I’m watering at least daily until they get used to there new luxury accommodation. 😁

The variant is called Sparkling and they’re from I believe Pence nursery in Arkansas. So they’ve acclimated quickly to Okie weather. I’ve tried several other variants and these plus my Allotment berries are the only ones I’m going to continue raising. The others will be transplanted down near the pond and allowed to go rogue.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the third year that I’ve tilled and planted a garden in Alabama; and once again, in just less than two weeks while we visited Oklahoma, it grew up high with weeds (even covering the agricultural cloth with which we had experimented). However, the agricultural cloth prevented me from mowing the weeds down. It rained profusely in our absence; and sparsely since our return. We’ve gotten about (3) quarts of blueberries, plenty of small tomatoes and a few squash, though. I’m starting to assemble some raised beds to discourage rabbits and make things easier to weed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom