Gay marriage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But what makes it wrong to kill children? Because a majority of people agree that it is?

You should not value the killing of innocent children because it would be a value that is not compatible with living an enjoyable life, largely because it would be contrary to the requirements for your own survival... i.e. it is not a rational value.

A child is an individual who has the potential to be of great value to you, as a productive individual you can trade with, as the holder of a rational, conceptual mind that could discover an idea that could make your life better, or just someone who could give you the simple joy of companionship with another who you have something in common with. It is also extremely harmful to your health to mess with children, because there tend to be many others who value them a great deal, and who will do just about anything to protect them. There is also an emotional attachment to children in most of us which gives us a strong negative feeling at the prospect of a child being harmed, which is not pleasant to experience.

You have to consider the consequences to your concept of Self, and to your own self-regard. Every action you choose to take becomes part of your own self-abstracted idea of your own life, which you must always live with. The memory of actions that diminish your self-regard are not pleasant to recall.

Let me ask you and anyone else who believes that morality comes from God... why should a person do what God wants?

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
R K9 J, why do you oppose gay marriage?

Why do you think that?

Should the right to own firearms be voted on?

Have you met Caojyn? He frames really bad straw man arguments too. To your failed attempt at such, were you in a metaphorical, hypothetical or virtual circle jerk when you missed high school civics? Speaking of which …

Hence the reason for the question being stated slightly differently than you have posed it to him. Put up or shut up. None of this hypothetical argument BS circle jerk.

Had you paid better attention in school this conversation would not have gone over your head. Do you really think you can whine your way into getting me to answer some nonsensical if not non sequitur question? Are you trying to be the next “Ace” with “put up or shut up”? Kudos for using a vintage fifth grade retort. He would be proud of you.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why do you think that?

Have you met Caojyn? He frames really bad straw man arguments too. To your failed attempt at such, were you in a metaphorical, hypothetical or virtual circle jerk when you missed high school civics? Speaking of which …

Had you paid better attention in school this conversation would not have gone over your head. Do you really think you can whine your way into getting me to answer some nonsensical if not non sequitur question? Are you trying to be the next “Ace” with “put up or shut up”? Kudos for using a vintage fifth grade retort. He would be proud of you.

Good to see you're a straight shooter. Lol.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm with you ten bears, marriage is between a man woman and God, nothing to do with the government.

That being said if a couple gays wanna tie the knot I don't give a damn, none of my business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom