'Gestapo' tactics meet senior citizens at Yellowstone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only read the first page, so I may have missed something.

I am, by nature, a non-confontational man. I rarely let my feelings be known in public. But, had I been in that group, as it was described, I'd either be dead or in jail right now. I simply can't believe that some old codger like me didn't challenge that Ranger to shoot him when he was accosted at a toilet stop.

Stories like this just warp my tail.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"CONGRESSIONAL RECORD

Increasing The Statutory Limit On The Public Debt

Increasing America's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that "the buck stops here". Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren.

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.

I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America's debt limit.

Senator Barack Obama (D-IL)

March 16, 2006"

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the chair has been pushed through the wall. The NPS "officers" should be ashamed and should revolt against these orders. The can't fire them all.

Ask the 11,500 fired Air Traffic Controllers about that. Of course the Prez was a Republican, so it was okay.

And somebody needs to study the Gestapo a little before drawing parallels.

Yes, this was an embarrassing event. If it was done for show, it didn't make the decision maker look good. Not real sure at what level the decision was made, but it's bound to be Obama's fault because everything else is.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ask the 11,500 fired Air Traffic Controllers about that. Of course the Prez was a Republican, so it was okay.

Yes, this was an embarrassing event. If it was done for show, it didn't make the decision maker look good. Not real sure at what level the decision was made, but it's bound to be Obama's fault because everything else is.
Obama did not know until he seen it on t.v.. I blame GW Bush.

Feet Dry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

They were "fired" because they tried to unionize for better conditions and pay, not because they were ordered to harrass grandma. At that time, fed workers couldn't unionize. Now look at the TSA and others. :-(

I know first hand. My dad and two other management level personnel basically ran the Tulsa tower alone for about 6 days during that mess. They never left. If you only knew how many times planes are flying through the air "blind" because the ATC system has failed. 20 years ago most of Tulsa radars still had vacuum tubes running them. Feel safer?

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They were "fired" because they tried to unionize for better conditions and pay, not because they were ordered to harrass grandma. At that time, fed workers couldn't unionize. Now look at the TSA and others. :-(

I know first hand. My dad and two other management level personnel basically ran the Tulsa tower alone for about 6 days during that mess. They never left. If you only knew how many times planes are flying through the air "blind" because the ATC system has failed. 20 years ago most of Tulsa radars still had vacuum tubes running them. Feel safer?

I don't feel safer under their union... Quite the contrary.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In all honesty, without the manpower to do the upkeep on Yellowstone, it's probably a good thing to keep us out. Without the workers, it's most likely the true human nature that would have that place trashed in a week or two. At least this way the park has the best odds of staying pristine wilderness.

I'd probably have to agree to with that statement. The majority of people would trash that place out in short order.

Latest posts

Top Bottom