Get Home Bag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caliyanks

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Get home bag, I try to keep lite. Flashlight, extra Mags, fire capability x2, space blanket, water tablets, 3 liters of water, one MRE, utilty knife, 550 cord, Kbar.
Running shoes in case I'm dressed up that day, t-shirts, socks. Maybe a few smaller things. But I keep my BOB at home as there is no way I will ever leave my wife at home alone.
So when I get to her we have another plan. Only about 7 miles away and speed is important to me.

bmxr4life87

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont take this as an attack cause its not im just curious why you have an mre and a space blanket if your only 7 miles from home and speed is a concern in getting back to your wife? Again im not attacking you im truly curious.

Caliyanks

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
BMX- I understand. 7 miles is a long way if things are really bad. Depending on the time of year and situation it may take longer than the 2- 4hrs it could take me under no stressful situations. My bug out bag has way more and better.
But the space blanket can keep me warm if I need to hide out in one place. The MRE is for major calories should I need them during the trek home. I served 22 years in the Army and I was in NYC during 9-11. I anint taking no chances.
I have used the space blanket before and it works well and is super lite to carry. There are some other things I keep that I didn't metion. But, overall the bag is about 20lbs. Again, just trying to get home, not bug out yet. I just think worst case scenario.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
really more of a get home belt. flashlight, buck 110 pocket knife, extra 1911 magazines, iodine water tablets, 4 power bars. holster.

bmxr4life87

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah im sure shtf when your most hungry and we all know after so long hunger = weakness so if you could consume massive calories while on your way back to your wife and b.o.b then you would be prepared to begin whatever needed to happen when you got home

ROON

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my GHB I have a topo Map, Trauma pack, two extra mags for my 27, compass, fixed blade knife, a few cliff bars, and a gas mask. My better half has the exact same in her car but she carry's a 26.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

dcpd381

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
went from a maxpedtion fatboy to a sitka

hydro flask insulated bottle
small first aid
water straw
platypus
maxpedtion edc with misc. fire, MUTT tool, emergency blanket, kevlar thread, pen, marker, rite in rain pad
paracords
gloves
jerky, peanuts
flashlight, batteries
badge, j frame, speed strips
fixed blade knife (izula 2)
checkbook
insulin and meter
phone charger

thinks that it..............

Latest posts

Top Bottom