Get Home Bag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't really have one unless I'm traveling away from home. Then it's water, G17 and ammo, flashlight, lighter, basic tools, protein bars, already keep a first aid kit in the truck at all times, and a blanket. These are my basics but, they do change with the seasons. Winter time- wool blanket, shovel, jumper cables and snow chains. And yes I have been stuck in a snow drift and had to spend the night in the truck.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a GHB every where I go. In mine, there is a Leatherman, water treatment tabllets, a Katadin pocket filter, paracord, a couple pairs of medical gloves, ibuprophen, a RAT 4 knife, an Ed Brown SFC pistol, 5 mags, some cash, a compass, and a tape measure. I have been using a Maxpedition Monsoon Gearslinger, but I have switched to a 5.11 Triab 18.

whitewolf_993

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many good ideas, had not thought of the space blanket. I also have about 7 miles, I carry bag small amount of food, small medical kit, molskin, knife and multi tool and small flashlight and a deck of cards.

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My patrol bag for work doubles as a get home bag. Its full of snivel gear for the seasons and other needs. I have comprehensive trauma kits in my work car and personal cars so I dont need to transfer anything there.

Serenity Bushcraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drive an hour to work, mostly through Osage County. Summer GHB is fairly basic...a cell phone, Glock 19 + 3 magazines, a pocket knife, and a basic survival kit that has all the basics of fire, shelter, water, navigation, signal, food and first aid covered. Winter it is the same stuff plus a sleeping bag/bivy sack, warm clothing, extra food, an e-tool and a set of warm boots just in case the cell phone does not work and I have to hoof it.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I also don't carry a GHB unless traveling out of town. I kinda figure that I can get home even if I have to walk...I hike and run off road trails so even a ten mile hike will not bother me too much. Pending the time of year I do carry inclement weather clothing that would allow me to hike ten miles...even in the snow.

WAGS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep my vehicle pretty well stocked on EDC essentials that, based on a scenario that I could no longer drive the truck, or I made the option to ditch the truck and go mobile on foot, I then would decide what to grab out of that to also bring with me--

Now as far as a GHB, mine is pretty much a gun bag. This is the one thing that I do not leave home without, but also obviously doesnt get left in the car overnight. Camelback MULE w/ 3L bladder that I try to remember to change out on weekends, IFAK w/quickclot, CAT, Shears, MS3 Sling, 4 AR Mags, and extra pistol mags..
i49.tinypic.com_33y3pmb.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom