Glock 17 ejection problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have much experience with blazer brass ammo
I would make sure gun is lubed with a good quality lube(not wd40)
and try rem/umc 124 grain or white box winchester both are loaded to nato specs.

if you decide you hate the gun and want to sell it.
let me know as I am getting ready to order
a g17 police trade in from summit gunbrokers
and would just as soon pick one up local.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple of years ago I traded for a pretty beat up old Glock 17. It would fire even if you did not touch the trigger safety.

Someone suggested I call Glock, so I did. After I got over my shock at getting a real person on the phone, I was directed to their Customer Service department (and got another real person right away).

They said the trigger assembly needed replacing, and that there were several upgrades that were indicated. I sent them the gun, and when they sent it back it was cleaner than a new weapon usually is, and everything worked perfectly. Several new parts/upgrades.

Total cost to me was my initial shipping cost. They covered everything else including return shipping, and included a detailed list of what they had done. They "miked" the barrel and said it was factory spec.

To say the least, I was impressed. I shoot it quite a bit, and it has offered zero problems. CB

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would detail strip the slide, clean the snot out of it, inspect it, and if nothing else, replace the extractor plunger, spring, and bearing.
If you know what the ejector housing looks like normally, replace it if it doesnt look normal.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would take it to a Glock certified armorer. They are trained to perform function checks and recommend any replacement parts if needed.

yes yes, very well trained; and they have good resources:

Heres what the glock armorer manual says:
1. broken or damaged ejector > replace trigger housingw/ejector
2. under-powered ammo > change ammo
3. dirty chamber > clean chamber
4. shooting with an unlocked wrist >most common > lock wrist
5. lack of lubrication > lubricate
6. dirty gun > clean it

Seriously though, he's right.

Going through the function checks and replacing parts is the smart way to go, rather than diagnosing any one individual part's problem. -it just isnt cost effective.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bringing back a thread from the past.
I wound up sending the pistol back to Glock.
Everything but the frame, barrel and slide were replaced.
The pistol now works perfectly. :thanku:

Latest posts

Top Bottom