Glock reliability issues?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like, own, shoot and carry both striker fired and hammer fired peestols. And; I like all kinds of soup too.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I knew the Glock fans couldn't resist the urge. It's funny to watch them jump to the defense of Glocks like they are magic guns that can never have problems and the manufacturing process is magical as well and can never turn out products with defects.

Of course the more logical conclusion is that they just had a bad run of firing pins and many of them ended up in the same order to this department. It probably happens from time to time but is never a big deal because they go to different customers who discover the problems at different times (if ever). Those customers get a repair and are happy. I'm not saying it's common, it obviously isn't, but just that any mechanical device, no matter who makes it, is subject to have some failures and/or some manufacturing defects no matter how uncommon.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haters gonna hate.
Tens of thousands of rounds through five different iterations of Glocks and I have had exactly four malfunctions. Twice, a hard primer, in a 9mm round that also failed to fire in another brand of handgun, once a 9 y/o family member managed to limp wrist a stove pipe in a 17, and once I managed to limp wrist a stove pipe in a 36.
No other handgun I have shot comes close.

If you want to see fanboys come unglued, start talking about 1911s.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i43.tinypic.com_2192lbr.jpg

RIP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally someone is talking sense...thanks Hoov! If you want reliable, buy a wheelgun. And Dr_Mitch is right this thread is pitiful...but it's been entertaining to read.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yeah, titling a video "1911's Suck" pretty much casts doubt on your credibility right there..not to mention wearing a t-shirt that looks like it belongs on a 17 year old high school kid. :)

By and large, 1911's won't have the reliability that a Glock does, but then again, if several dozen manufacturers made a pistol they got to call a "Glock," then there'd be Glocks with feeding issues.

1911 hold less rounds, has issues that a Glock doesn't, etc., but it doesn't "suck."

I caught a few moments of his anti-Mosin rant, and I found it ironic that the armchair warrior seemed to feel he had more combat sniping experiance than the Soviets soldiers did for several years. :)

I don't own a Glock, but they have an excellent reputation for reliability, and sometimes you just get a bad patch of parts or something.

Latest posts

Top Bottom