Glock reliability issues?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i43.tinypic.com_2192lbr.jpg

That is absolutely awesome!

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been a Glock fan since the late 80s-early 90s and about the only thing I really don't like about them is the grip angle. But it still amuses me the fan base they have gathered that seem to think it is more than just a mechanical device. They have made the leap from Glock having a great record of reliability to Glocks being perfect and never malfunctioning. But just because the design is rock solid doesn't mean the mechanical parts are immune to failure. So I enjoy prodding the over the top fans. If I needed to put my life in the hands of a semiautomatic right out of the box I'd prefer a Glock, but I'd rather put some rounds through any brand before totally relying on it because any brand can fail.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In classes i've taken i've seen failures with about every brand and model of defensive handgun, glocks and m&p's seem to be most reliable in my experience.they are all man made machine subject to wear and breakage

RIP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had the good fortune to own and shoot just about every brand of handgun in many iterations and I have to agree w/ saddlebum about Glock & M&P's being most reliable but I would add Sig to that list. Excluding of course their 1911 variants (that should make someone mad). As pointed out earlier...they all have parts and parts will fail. Fortunately for Glock, there are fewer parts to fail, by design. And Hoov I read you 5 by 5 (loud & clear) just enjoyed your wheelie interjection.

spacepiggy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
... But it still amuses me the fan base they have gathered that seem to think it is more than just a mechanical device. They have made the leap from Glock having a great record of reliability to Glocks being perfect and never malfunctioning...

Glock = Apple?

Fanboiz will be fanboiz sez a Glock and Apple owner of several of each!

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have carried one for over 12 years...thousands of rounds through them with not one issue. I am not for after market work done on these...seems to cause some problems in some of my friends guns that have messed with the extractors, tigger, etc....could be just a bad lot. It does happen. It might not be the prettiest but I truly believe a glock is the most reliable handgun platform on the planet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom