God

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Point being, since you obviously missed it, that if you are looking for the "side" that has treated mankind the worst...then atheists and pagans are your winner. The atheists on this thread sure don't have a problem attacking Christianity for the atrocities committed in its name, but they seem to overlook the atrocities committed by their fellow "enlightened" non-believers throughout history. The most evil societies in the history of the world have all been pagan or atheistic at their core...Stalinist Russia, Nazi Germany, Communist North Korea, Napoleonic France. I could go on.

Atheists are not as "enlightened" as they would like to believe.

Nice try, but this bulls$hit has been thoroughly debunked...it's often referred to as the 'atheist atrocity fallacy' by the scholars (both secular and theistic) that have proven otherwise. Those people, and their regimes, were not atheistic. You'll be famous if you prove otherwise.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There have been FAR more atrocities committed by atheists and pagans than by Christians. History shows this.

I'm not sure where you are getting your history but I believe some brainwashing is in play here. Nazi Germany? Napoleon? Try again. In fact, all of these leaders were born into christianity.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not sure where you are getting your history but I believe some brainwashing is in play here. Nazi Germany? Napoleon? Try again. In fact, all of these leaders were born into christianity.

They may have been born into Christianity, this doesn't mean they were Christians. We can prove neither, and only base it off their actions......so I'd say they werent......obviously.

Edit: were Christians. ..in the first sentence

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They may have been born into Christianity, this doesn't mean they were. We can prove neither, and only base it off their actions......so I'd say they werent......obviously.

We can prove that christianity was the dominant religion in Nazi germany and Italy during WWII. These guys didn't do it on their own.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its fair to attribute to Christianity the deaths of those at the hands of people who call themselves Christians, but we can't attribute to atheism the deaths of those at the hands of atheists? How very convenient. Once again, I believe your whole purpose on this thread has been disingenuous. A true seeker of truth would be neutral to both sides, but you are clearly defensive about atheistic views and hostile to those of Christianity. I am done with this back and forth and hope you find whatever you're looking for...whether its the truth or just an argument. If you want the truth, I'll point you to the Catholic Catechism for starters. If you want an argument, you'll have to find that on your own.

Considering the source, I'm not that offended.

Again you only prove my point. You have absolutely no credibility.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is your chance to make me a believer. Convert me.

Only God can do that.

Somehow his followers don't seem to have gotten that memo.

Anyone who claims to be one of His but hasn't gotten that memo is deceiving themselves. Any believer can encourage, explain, teach, quote scripture, and attempt to set a personal example all day long, but at the end of the day no person can make any other person believe - only God can do that.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There have been FAR more atrocities committed by atheists and pagans than by Christians. History shows this.

Fair enough on the baptism of desire issue. On the forgiveness issue, Jesus gave the Apostles (and in the Catholic belief, in turn the Church) the power to forgive sins through God. Reference John 20: 22-23. God can forgive sins outside the Church of course, since all things are possible in Him. However, only within the Church will you know with certainty they have been forgiven as the priests act on behalf of God. If they tell you its forgiven, you can be sure they have been as God has given them the authority to do so from the time of the original Apostles. Hence the human need for the Sacrament of Confession and Penance. Those are Sacraments instituted for the human benefit, not because God requires them. Those help us feel better about the fact that we have been absolved.

Sorry bro, your priest isn't closer to God than anyone else.

I was raised in a strict religion and questioned it for years. I don't do church but I feel I can ask God for his forgiveness. Hope the priests that molest have God on speed dial.

Last edited:

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone who claims to be one of His but hasn't gotten that memo is deceiving themselves. Any believer can encourage, explain, teach, quote scripture, and attempt to set a personal example all day long, but at the end of the day no person can make any other person believe - only God can do that.

I must reiterate. (See Comment #97.) God doesn't make you believe. You do that on your own. If it were God's plan that only He can make you believe, He would make all of us believe. God put out the evidence, it's up to you to figure it out, to see it, and in the end to believe. For me, it is as plain as the nose on my face. Read what He has revealed, see it work. We were made to follow what he has revealed. The Bible is the operating manual from the manufacturer.

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom