God

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not trying to get involved in the Catholicism vs the world argument (which I think soonerATC is doing a good job holding his own)

Lots of questions early on as to why such a loving god would allow a child to be born into suffering. Reincarnation answers this.

I believe all life shares the same soul...and it is the destiny of all life to return to oneness with The All in eternal peace. The more sin you commit the more you will suffer for it with endless cycles of life, suffering, and death.

To the OP I highly recommend looking into eastern religion for your answers. It has helped me a lot.

Cool. I think I'll check that out. Yeah, you're right. I'm into looking at other forms of religion. Thanks.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
For the record, you don't understand the story of Job if that's what you believe it means. Satan believed Job only loved God due to the many blessings God had bestowed on him, and that if those blessings were taken away, Satan believed Job would reject God. God allowed Job to be afflicted to show Job's true faith in God's eternal Goodness, in the face of repeated affliction.

Yes, I know. I've just heard similar comparisons to the story of Job for those that "fall out of the grace of God."

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know this is about God, not so much individual religions, but If I were to become religious, Sikhism stands out to me as one I could get behind. Also I recently listened to Dan Carlin's Hardcore history podcast about Ghengis Khan and many of his family line after him became Christian, he himself promoted tolerance of all religions.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I know this is about God, not so much individual religions, but If I were to become religious, Sikhism stands out to me as one I could get behind. Also I recently listened to Dan Carlin's Hardcore history podcast about Ghengis Khan and many of his family line after him became Christian, he himself promoted tolerance of all religions.

I pretty much subscribe to Pantheism. Nature is god. There's no need to believe anything exist above or outside of it.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Very interesting. I'm reading about that now. Funny, because I've always believed in Karma.

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very interesting. I'm reading about that now. Funny, because I've always believed in Karma.

Now there are some hokey things about Sikhism, like the not cutting your hair, but what religion isn't without it's quirks. My religion right now, is just be a good person, right the wrongs you can, and have compassion for all life (but squash a bug everyonce in awhile). If there is a higher power, then I feel they will accept me without having to blindly follow them with little or no proof they exist.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why did you completely ignore the massacres of Jews I mentioned? The Muslims were out of most of Europe before the Crusades started, it was not about Europe it was about the Mediterranean, Middle East and Jerusalem not invasions of Europe. Christian lands(Byzantine) that had been taken by the Muslims when liberated were kept by the Europeans not returned as promised. Lot ore to do here with the East/West split power struggle not just Islam.

I share your outrage over the persecution of Jews by nominal Christians in the past. My impression is that most Jews today in this country carry that memory and have a strong distrust of Christianity as a result.

Not to lessen any of the wrongs you and others have pointed out but one could make a similar argument about Americans. They have done terrible things. "Liberty and Justice for All" ??? Certainly not in light of how Americans massacred and persecuted native peoples. Certainly not in terms of imperialistic actions in the past. How can anyone be proud to be an American? ...I think the core beliefs of "Americanism" are what justify us in our pride - equality of opportunity, the concept of inherent rights as listed in the Bill of Rights, government only with the consent of the governed. These are good core values upon which we focus rather than the terrible injustices of the past.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the record, you don't understand the story of Job if that's what you believe it means. Satan believed Job only loved God due to the many blessings God had bestowed on him, and that if those blessings were taken away, Satan believed Job would reject God. God allowed Job to be afflicted to show Job's true faith in God's eternal Goodness, in the face of repeated affliction.

This is the story as I've heard it. Not that he doubted God as dale said. Sure sucked to be Job. Always thought it was bull$hit that God would have tortured one of his most faithful followers at Satans request.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the story as I've heard it. Not that he doubted God as dale said. Sure sucked to be Job. Always thought it was bull$hit that God would have tortured one of his most faithful followers at Satans request.

I did not intend to imply that Job's sufferings were the result of his doubt. But I see how my post could lead to that conclusion. Job's doubt arose during his suffering not before.

Latest posts

Top Bottom