Good ol' S&W 617

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ywes, I do remeber when gas was 18.8 cents per gallon but I was making a hell of a lot less. $700 for a quality fiorearm is a bargain.
I am always surprised by individuals who wish to maximize their earnings while purchasing items at China labor prices - don't they inderstant conomics 101?
This comfortable ten-shooter is a staple of my handgunning. Thousands of rounds. Comes to the range almost every time. Sometimes it's all I shoot -- no mags to load, just the revolver and a few boxes of .22 LR and you have an afternoon's entertainment for $12-$16 (and that's using Mini-Mags or other nice ammo).

It's a hoot to shoot steel plates with, practice bullseye with -- pretty much any kind of fun shooting. Also great to introduce beginners to the revolver.

It is a shame they have become so expensive. A new one today will run you not much less than $700, which is kind of nuts. (I paid a lot less several years back.) It makes it hard to recommend the 617 to newbies. But if they can spare the bucks they will likely enjoy the revolver for many years to come.

The S&W internal lock is lame, but I don't get as worked up about it on a target/fun gun like this.

One of the last guns I'd sell.

Latest posts

Top Bottom