Good old UPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
UPS lost my gun for me today. Grandsons Christmas gift. Would have probably got away with it too but I instantly tracked down a live human and raised hell. The driver miraculously "found it" when I pointed out their BS. My FFL lives in the boonies but the USPS, FEDEX and UPS drivers all go there often so they all know where his house is. It's always been my understanding that ALL firearms require a signature capture. When I tried to track it on their site it said it was delivered, but rather than a signature, the endorsement just said "Met Customer". My FFL guy was homes all day and has cameras everywhere that he can see anyone arriving and hear them and talk to them. He said no one came all day. When their manager contacted the driver he said he delivered it to some people up the road. I don't accept ANY thing that's not addressed to me and it had my FFL's name and address clearly printed. Does anyone know if the ATF requires Signature Capture. UPS is telling me the shipper decides which packages needs a signature and which doesn't Not sure how accurate Google is but they said ALL firearms require a signature. They wanted my FFL to go get the package but he said no, you guys mis-delivered it so you go get it. So they sent a guy out and delivered it correctly but it sure sounds fishy to me. In 30 yrs at the USPS I've seen a couple guys canned for violence or violent threats, and I saw a couple fired for stealing birthday cards. But in 30 years and 5 post offices I never saw any get in trouble for stealing a gun. Has anyone had a gun disappear while en route to you?

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only had guns shipped a few times that I can count on one hand, but it sure sounds like someone was trying to steal that package.
Yeah I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow and see if my FFL says it was his regular deliveryman. the address was printed correctly and he gets guns delivered on a regular basis so it's a bit hard to believe the usual driver would misdeliver something, he would no doubt know is a gun, to the wrong guy, at the wrong house, then fail to get the required signature. I'm thinking maybe he stashed it somewhere, planning to retrieve it after work.i understand people make mis-deliveries but for their excuses to all be true would require a perfect storm

Latest posts

Top Bottom